Thewoodhaven website....gone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike - While I wasn't here when you went, it's nice to see you back.

If you're writing a series about your new shed, you could put it on a blog, such as wordpress or tumblr? Doesn't have to be on a forum.

It seems odd that on a few occasions, when a member has a spat with a mod or perhaps mistakenly breaks a rule, they throw the teddy out, make a public declaration and withdraw into the shadows. A good forum is about the members, not the mods. We don't post for the mods, we post for our peers, to help or seek help. If we fall foul of 'the system' it's cost nothing but minutes and electrons. Surely we're all old enough to take it on the chin and move on. If this were such a bad place we wouldn't be able to continue such an open discussion about another forum in direct competition.

Max Power":bnjk8gb0 said:
Better that all the dummy-spitters have their own little hang out to go to though monkeybiter :lol:

IMHO they/we would be better off if they just either called someone a pineapple or had a quick sulk, then carry on as normal. Life's too short to be offended. There's too many other things to think about, or if you can get your buttocks off the settee, to actually do, so I'm told :roll:

I don't understand how woodwork causes so many problems it's an art not an a science.

What works for me, might not work for you.

Im currently looking for 9fingers to see if he is able to source a capacitor im struggling to find when I heard of the wood havens disappearance.

Now I was one that had a disagreement on here yet never declared I was leaving. I haven't been on any forum for a very long time and for no other reason than I found time was hard to find to contribute anymore.

My issue with this forum was I contributed heavy, even made and ran the competition software, yet wasn't even given the time from mods when one of my for sale posts somehow didn't comply and I asked why and how I still could offer the forum members the chance to purchase cheap decent timber from my stock, helping me save on move it to a new shop and helping them obtain good timber at cheap prices, I still feel I was mis treated over it all. I simply stopped being as heavily involved here and doing as much for the forum.

Anyway I may pop my yet newer workshop wip on here. I have expanded my metal and wood shop.

Hudson Carpentry":34wjg9cr said:
Im currently looking for 9fingers to see if he is able to source a capacitor im struggling to find when I heard of the wood havens disappearance.

Now I was one that had a disagreement on here yet never declared I was leaving. I haven't been on any forum for a very long time and for no other reason than I found time was hard to find to contribute anymore.

My issue with this forum was I contributed heavy, even made and ran the competition software, yet wasn't even given the time from mods when one of my for sale posts somehow didn't comply and I asked why and how I still could offer the forum members the chance to purchase cheap decent timber from my stock, helping me save on move it to a new shop and helping them obtain good timber at cheap prices, I still feel I was mis treated over it all. I simply stopped being as heavily involved here and doing as much for the forum.

Anyway I may pop my yet newer workshop wip on here. I have expanded my metal and wood shop.

Try ...

http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index.ph ... e&user=105

Cheers

Dave

Hudson Carpentry":ucyzwsoq said:

9fingers can be found on WoodworkUK

The Wood Haven will be returning in a slightly different format with most of the familiar faces SOON.
The forum software is undergoing final fettling and user acceptance testing as I write.
Meanwhile 9fingers is still around and can be contacted on [email protected] now or on the new a different place soon with the traditional username of 9fingers.

MM

Hudson Carpentry":3f8i5u0e said:

I for one hope you do find the time and inclination to do a wip of your new place; I always found your posts interesting and down to earth, especially around Oct/Nov.

Myfordman":3dqkos1h said:
The Wood Haven will be returning in a slightly different format with most of the familiar faces SOON.
The forum software is undergoing final fettling and user acceptance testing as I write.
MM

That's great news Myfordman. But what of the whereabouts and well-being of Tom? Any news there?

Myfordman":2kghxdq9 said:
The forum software is undergoing final fettling and user acceptance testing as I write....
I hope I'm still banned for life. I don't want to go through all that again! ("Urn" versus "hollow form" in case you are wondering)

Jacob, the software does not allow pre-emptive banning so the best thing would be not to register for the new site at all! :lol:

Jacob":36ogjyam said:
Myfordman":36ogjyam said:
The forum software is undergoing final fettling and user acceptance testing as I write....
I hope I'm still banned for life. I don't want to go through all that again! ("Urn" versus "hollow form" in case you are wondering)

Its good to see there's no bitterness then :)

Back