Thewoodhaven website....gone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening all. Not sure what's going on with the haven to be honest. I have texted Tom to see if he is aware so hopefully he will see it, but other than that I don't have any contact details for him so can't say for sure what's happened, but it certainly looks like the domain name registration has lapsed. There was certainly no official decision taken to close the site down.

Will keep you informed if I find out anything further.

Cheers
Mark

Interesting - works for me in Chrome, Internet Explorer & Firefox both go to the 123-reg holding page

Works for me on my phone and tablet too using Dolphin - the only thing I can think is that I use OpenDNS on my router (rather than my ISP's standard DNS servers), but why it would be different for IE and FF on my PC I've got no idea.

Hey-ho.

Doesn't look good from what I see, which would be sad because Tom worked hard to do his thing. It's really hard setting up on one's own, and I hope he's ok and wish him well. He kindly gave us some help when we set up British Woodworking. I've emailed him and will come back if I hear any news worth broadcasting.

Looking at the Nominet details it would appear that the Last updated date is 26 May 2014 which coincides with when we noticed the site was down. This field usually gets updated when hosting is renewed and so it looks as if, as has already been suggested, that the hosting fee has not been renewed either by design or oversight.

Hope Tom is OK.

Bob 9fingers is on another website I believe. Don't know if he looks in here occasionally, but he is one of the many 'missed' characters over here. Amazingly helpful, and very knowledgeable indeed.

Cheers Bob. :D

Benchwayze":46efyn6c said:
Bob 9fingers is on another website I believe. Don't know if he looks in here occasionally, but he is one of the many 'missed' characters over here. Amazingly helpful, and very knowledgeable indeed.

Cheers Bob. :D

Morning all

+1 Bob

He contributes on Woodwork UK

Cheers

Dave

woodworkUK?

Would that be the 'dark side' then? I heard the term, but I didn't think that was the site concerned. I always thought they meant a different place'.

Also, it looks like WWUK allows multiple accounts. 8)

The domain is ok till next year:

Domain name:
thewoodhaven.co.uk

Registrant:
Sustins Ltd

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Dec-2009
Expiry date: 08-Dec-2015
Last updated: 26-May-2014

Looks like someone has either stuffed the hosting or changed the DNS settings, so it's parked with 123-reg's holding page.

I've been trying to contact Tom, but with no luck. I've tended to think that forums are best not linked to a magazine, but I was wondering if I could take it over, and make it a forum for all things wood, to include Living Woods as well, so a touch of forestry and green woodworking and other things.

Latest posts

Back