The Ultimate Axminster TS-200 Fence Upgrade!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you have been reading my mind, plan to have a router with a router lift eventually! Need to get a little time to tackle the next phase of this project.

Quick update, ended up not having to pay customs duty, however did have to pay import tax at a cost of £24.95

However in my opinion this is still money well spent as the fence has completely changed my saw.

Thanks Will

Great mod and fence.

I also planed to get this fence but to keep me going i brought the axminster bandsaw upgrade fence. In the end though i ended up buying the AW10BSB2 Axminster table saw. This comes with an ali T type fence and to my surprise its the best ali fence i have ever used. There is no visible deflection and getting the fence to deflect on purpose takes all my weight (15st) pulling at it. There is a fine adjuster, comes with an auxiliary fence and is quite thick for using home made jigs. The table saw is around the 1k mark but maybe ordering the fence parts as spares maybe away to get a cheaper one in england that works well.

All in all after being so impressed with the stock fence i no longer felt the need to get the delta fence.

Oh the bandsaw fence upgrade got put on my bandsaw as the fence that came with the saw was pants!

Hi Skyhigh_Arb,
I have the dreaded TS200 as well and get really depressed everytime I try to use it, because the fence is so bad. Could you tell us how you affix the new rails to the cast iron bed? Are there pre-existing holes in the TS200 that line up with the Delta Fence, or did you have to drill new holes?

Thanks!

SG

Hi SG,

Perfect timing as I shall be placing a full review on the fence within the next few days now that its finally fitted, fettled and been properly tested. No need to drill holes in the saw just use whats there.

Thanks Will

Hi Will, I am looking at buying a TS-200 in the near future (need to go and have a look at one in the metal first to make sure it's what I'm after) and if I go ahead would be very interested in a fence upgrade such as the one you have done. Did you ever get around to posting the full review/installation process, I can't get the search function to find it if you have! I'm also interested in the maximum cross-cut width of 1250mm (50"), according to the manufacturers details the Delta T2 36-T30 rails are 57.5" but provide for a maximum 30" cut to the right - have you offset the rails much further to the right than the recommended installation configuration? I may well consider building in a router table to the right of the saw, have you done this and if so how do you find the fence for use in a router table?

Thanks,

Chris

Surely the actual ultimate fence would be the Incra that Rutlands sell? £500 but if you really want accuracy then I don't know of anything better. I have one on a 10" SIP saw and it really is very good, thoguh like all fences you have to be careful both in setting it up, and operating it.

An old thread I know, but I've just bought one of these for my table saw at an "all-in" price of £189 from eBay seller "unikoin", who offers a shipping and pre-paid import tax option. It worked out at £189.07 via Paypal, which I think is reasonable.
This is just a heads up in case anyone has been put off by high carriage costs + potential import charges. Now I will have a complete fence system from my SIP 01332 available once I get the new Delta fitted.

Hi All,

I have a TS-250 saw and have taken the plunge and brought a Delta rip fence. It looks really good, although I could do with some advice on how people fitted theirs? I am thinking I need another steel angle to mount from the existing holes to the fence's angle bracket.

Does anyone have any pictures of how they did it?

Many thanks,

John

Hi,

Not sure if I have done it the best way, but I couldn't find out how anybody else had done it so I had to make it up (badly).

I used 2 pieces of angle (50x50, 5mm thick 1350mm long) to attach the supplied angle iron brackets to the front and back of the table.

The bottom of the L profile of the steel I brought can be then fitted under the lip of the table. I bolted the supplied angle iron so that on profile they look like _||_ on the front and the same on the back, but with the supplied bracket upside down.

When you bolt the rails on to the table you will need to lower them to make them the right height for the fence to fit. This can be done by either getting a better size of angle and being more cunning than I have. Or shim it by using some steel bar or big washers.

I have probably done a rubbish job of explaining it, if you want some pictures then let me know.

John

Yes please. Would greatly appreciate some pictures. :)

Thanks for the explanation. I am slightly confused lol.

I shall probably get my wrist slapped for this, but I can't watch so many people try to re-invent the wheel without offering a pointer in the direction of a superb, EIISSM, solution to the problem of creating a top-quality aftermarket rip fence for any tablesaw. I'm not allowed to advertise, but I think there is nothing to stop me from pointing you all in the direction of another thread....

post965239.html#p965239

It's excellent and you don't have to make all the mistakes I did along the way.

Hi,

I will get some pictures up when I get a chance. Not at home at the moment and it might be a while. Might be able to knock up a basic sketch up drawing instead.

Steve, I don't think buying a fence and fitting it to your table saw is really reinventing the wheel compared to making it all by yourself. I was tempted to have a look at your videos, but I thought the Delta fence would require less work to get it up and working. The Axminster table top is not very standard a fitting so it does require a bit more metal and some drilling, but that only took me an hour to sort.

I am sure your plans are the right way to go if you want create your own fence though.

John

Back