The next bash....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great - glad to help. It's in the diary so looking forward to meeting you all. I think we can accomodate up to 30 people, so for those that are coming, please can you email me with your name and contact details so that I can keep track of numbers, and email you with any general information about the arrangements.

Email address is
[email protected]

Cheers

Peter

Paul.J":10rriepx said:
The Shark":10rriepx said:
Count me in, please, Peter, and I'll give Paul J a lift, so can you count him in as a definite too, please.

Cheers,

Malc :D
Cheers Malc,i will look forward to it :D

If those 2 wise monkeys ( :-" ) are up for it, could i also add my name to the list please Peter :D

Cheers.

Hopfully I'll be able to make it, house full of visitors over that period (Saturday 3rd September) but I think I will be able to sneak away.

Thanks for the offer of the venue Peter.

That sounds like a lovely venue and a kind offer thanks Peter, i'll send you an email to get on the list!
I'm happy to chip in food/organising etc when it comes to it.

Ryan

Peter

I'm in :)

As organiser if you want any thoughts on what I did last time let me know (we all do things differently so I'll not be offended if you don't!) How will you be dealing with the catering side of the base? Caroline sorted out a simple spread (nothing like Paul's multi dished feast!) which wasn't a significant amount of work.

Email on it's way

Miles

miles_hot":1wbl3yxj said:
As organiser if you want any thoughts on what I did last time let me know (we all do things differently so I'll not be offended if you don't!) How will you be dealing with the catering side of the base? Caroline sorted out a simple spread (nothing like Paul's multi dished feast!) which wasn't a significant amount of work.
Miles
Peter Sefton":1wbl3yxj said:
Hi Guys

It’s not indelicate at all to ask – no cost for the use of the facilities and I am sure you will bring your own materials, food and brooms;-). There is plenty of room here for a BBQ …

I
Best date for me would be Saturday 3rd September. This is a good date for me as I will be busy at Celebration of Craftsmanship until the 29th and then my 9 month professional course starts shortly after, and it will be very full on for me from then).

Cheers Peter

Hi Miles

Looking at Peters kind offer of venue he did make it plain it is down to us to sort food materials etc.

May I suggest we either sort a BBQ or a buffet on an "American Supper" basis, ie we all fetch along a contribution to the catering arrangements

Colin

Unless we all bring a picnic for ourselves (a possibility but I fear it might remove an aspect of the day) someone will need to co-ordinate this (ease, alergies, not having 30 large packets of crisps). We also need to consider chairs / where to sit etc.

Miles

miles_hot":3cf8ut6l said:
Colin

Unless we all bring a picnic for ourselves (a possibility but I fear it might remove an aspect of the day) someone will need to co-ordinate this (ease, alergies, not having 30 large packets of crisps). We also need to consider chairs / where to sit etc.

Miles

Not disagreeing with you but I come back to Peter's offer which was to provide a venue on the basis we were providing our own food and materials.

We don't want to scare Peter off thinking he has let himself in for more than he anticipated.

Personally I don't have strong opinion of how that part of the days is done. I feel it is nicer to do things communally. I am happy to make a contribution either in £pounds or food - either way I am looking forward to being involved in the day and fitting in with everyone else. I am not trying to interfere in what I don't know about, especially as this will be my first "Bash" but equally I am not shrugging shoulders and leaving it all to "someone" else. :lol:

Wood spoiler":ciokesro said:
May I suggest we either sort a BBQ or a buffet on an "American Supper" basis, ie we all fetch along a contribution to the catering arrangements

If I may be so bold as to suggest that the "American Supper" idea would work, as that way it caters for wet weather, and also ensures that we all have at least one item we like :)
A quick trip to Wilkos for some throw away plates and cutlery, either that or bring your own, and the job is almost done.

Malc :)

Wood spoiler":qmp2j09u said:
miles_hot":qmp2j09u said:
Colin

Miles

Not disagreeing with you but I come back to Peter's offer which was to provide a venue on the basis we were providing our own food and materials.

We don't want to scare Peter off thinking he has let himself in for more than he anticipated.

Personally I don't have strong opinion of how that part of the days is done. I feel it is nicer to do things communally. I am happy to make a contribution either in £pounds or food - either way I am looking forward to being involved in the day and fitting in with everyone else. I am not trying to interfere in what I don't know about, especially as this will be my first "Bash" but equally I am not shrugging shoulders and leaving it all to "someone" else. :lol:

Too right - if Peter prefers not to organise this aspect of bash that's more than fine. Someone else can sort the logisitcs / organisation out or we can all elect to do our own thing. Anything goes :)

Miles

I think i would rather just bring me own packed lunch. :D
Save all the worrying then and we could just get on with the turning and demos :?: :?:
How will we be for tea and coffee Peter :?:

Hi Guys

We have here a small Kitchen for our students which has hot water and a sink, fridge, microwave, kettle etc. and seating inside the classroom for about 8. So for a general cup of tea during the day and a bit of chat, we are all sorted. We'll provide the tea, coffee and milk.

For eating arrangements, it may be an idea to have the BBQ/American supper idea where we could each bring along something for the grill such as a pack of beef burgers, sausages, bread rolls, etc. We have a decent BBQ here but it might need someone to bring along another if numbers really grow. I will shout out if we do.

We have plenty of room in the paddock outside to gather and eat or if the weather turns, we have a large car port off the workshop. Suggest you bring your own drink and a chair to sit in. (Some photos of the School workshops and outside areas are attached – as you can see there is plenty of room for us all and parking).

Very happy to provide the venue and for someone else to co-ordinate the eating arrangements etc., and I'll fall in with you (as I am rather time poor). I’ll try to keep up with the thread between now and the Bash, but if there is anything I need to know, perhaps you could email me at [email protected] to keep me in the loop.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 421
Looks a great shop Peter and ideal for a bash or two :lol:
Now that it looks like this is going ahead might it be worth starting a seperate post now titled Worcestor Bash-3rd September.??

Paul.J":2lgbfrn3 said:
Looks a great shop Peter and ideal for a bash or two :lol:
Now that it looks like this is going ahead might it be worth starting a seperate post now titled Worcestor Bash-3rd September.??

Or even Worcestershire Paul :lol: Worcester is about 10 miles away.

If someone starts a thread for possible attendees names and significant decisions I'll make it a sticky.

Well done Peter :D
Any chance we can have a list on the new post of members attending :?:
Also i can't open the links you have put on there either :(

Back