The most over hyped groups?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It never used to be the case, but after seeing their Glastonbury set, ZZ Top. What the hell happened? They turned into a pub-level tribute act of themselves.

Kalimna":358yjnjp said:
Not sure i agree with you there. Although it depends what you mean by 'overrated'. Oasis arent everyones cuppa, but they have written some phenomenaly catchy tunes and have inspired an awful lot of people to pick up guitars. Coldplay have also written some damn fine tunes despite their singer bein a bit daft. U2 seem to have lost their way over their last few albums, perhaps buying into and believing their own hype. Bono can be a powerful frontman if he keeps his political mouth closed. The Edge, too is certainly talented and a positive influence on a lot of guitarists, but he does talk w*nk.
Im not sure, though, who i would call overrated, but Kanye West would be high on the list. As would The Proclaimers (only famous coz of one song sung with a Scottish accent), and The Bee Gees.

Adam

The Bee Gees? No way Jose, as echo'd overrated doesn't equal "not your cup of tea" I like the Bee Gees and am happy to admit it but more than that thay have penned hundreds and hundreds of chart topping songs spanning almost 50 years. I'd call out all the manufactured bands - boyzone, spice girls, take that etc etc, the winners of talent contests (except Ollie Murs who seems to have really run with it and made it his own) and all the others who got famous almost overnight without the long months and years in their garage and carp gigs in pubs.

The Beatles 8)

Mind you, I haven't ever heard of most of the aforementioned groups, and the Beatles were the only band I could think of. Oh! Wait! Duran-Duran drove me crazy when my daughter was a teenager! :lol:

Apparently, Lennon boasted he could write a nonsense song, and it would still sell; so he proved it with 'Yellow Submarine'. I think it was a remark which in sentiment was akin to 'We're more popular than Jesus'.

Also Macca recently proved he can't sing, trying to record 'My One And Only Love.' with Dianna Krall!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... ction=view

.. anyone who can only sing by trilling.

Just pick a damn note and sing it.

I can sing well, (At least better than Macca!) I just don't bother; no one would want to listen.

Besides why sing when I can play a guitar! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right! I am off to surf for some more tools I won't buy 'cos I can't use them any more! 8)

Back