The joys of electric car ownership!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what has been on the news channels lately discussing Londons ULEZ and also Newcastles, once the systems are in place and vehicle registrations and movement can be tracked then to maintain income once vehicles are compliant with emissions then it is a simple process to charge for distance traveled instead. It was also noted these vehicle movement cameras are more widespread across the country than many realise but at the moment only used for highlighting conjestion and bottleknecks but easy enough to log individual vehicle movement.

In many cases people got cars because there was no local employment, in the days of big british industries that had large workforces they laid on buses and many walked / cycled to work, a good example in the seventies was Marconi and RHP in Chelmsford that employed huge numbers of locals, now a dormitory town where many drive to work elsewhere or get a train. Now we have many smaller firms and busineses spread far and wide it requires a more complex transport system but as you say people would use public transport if it was good value and reliable. In rural areas like where I am everything is a mater of miles to get anything and we don't think twice about doing a seventy mile round trip for shopping and wood.
Agreed! Don't forget the advent of the 'so called' smart meters is also enabling the suppliers to charge according to overall usage . How difficult would it be to restrict the E required to charge a car etc and restrict peoples travel and car choice . If anyone doesn't think that this could happen they are living in La La land. But Hey ! lets keep using up the worlds resources there's plenty left for me and if it runs out after I've gone so what I've had a good time..

A logical extension of that would be for the government to limit the size of your house.
And then the size of your clothes. ;)

More pressing priorities like stopping designer vapes that are causing child addiction and apparently issues with the millions of discrded vapes complete with lithium batteries which can catch fire when crushed.

And then the size of your clothes.
Rather than the size of your clothes just have a weight tax, just like HGV's pay more road tax then have tax brackets for people so that those in higher groups pay more towards the NHS before they get to the point of needing their services.

Rather than the size of your clothes just have a weight tax, just like HGV's pay more road tax then have tax brackets for people so that those in higher groups pay more towards the NHS before they get to the point of needing their services.
That sounds like a form of “apart height” taller people would pay more.

I think it would need to be based on standard deviation and a height / weight basis that projects the potential load you might place on the NHS in the future. Also in your electric vehicle you would require more energy due to more frequent charging due to the extra weight and so consume energy resources unnecessarily. This then brings you into the single occupancy debate, electric or ICE it cannot be efficient to manufacture and run a vehicle for one person who is probably passing many other single occupancy vehicles going to where they came from in the daily commute to work. The answer is an efficient public transport system that uses hybrid technology and concentrating places of employment into more compact regions.

Last edited:
And don't treat those with liver complaint's if they drink or did drink at any time during their life, and lets not forget those that smoked at any time and now have cancer.

Architects and Structural Engineers have part of their training on the height width ratio.😉

And don't treat those with liver complaint's if they drink or did drink at any time during their life, and lets not forget those that smoked at any time and now have cancer.
does that extend to no treatment for STDs if you've ever had sex...

...and I'm not treating those friction burns on your palms because I know what you've been up to... ;)

This is very off topic but I'm not the first and just wanted to post some good news
1689433988118.png

Just opened Mygridgb, lowest carbon intensity I have ever seen on the site.

And then the size of your clothes. ;)

More pressing priorities like stopping designer vapes that are causing child addiction and apparently issues with the millions of discrded vapes complete with lithium batteries which can catch fire when crushed.
While I agree that those are important I think the overall state that the world is getting into MIGHT just be of another magnitude of problem. Still if you can only see that the vapes and battery issue are more so then carry on. Don't bother to reply as I am casting off from this forum. Bye !!

I wish airlines would weigh passengers AND their luggage together. And if any passenger is so large that they overflow onto the seats on either side then they need to buy extra tickets.

It might be low carbon energy but for energy security a country should own and have control of it, how much of our energy generation is owned in some form by other countries like France.
Somebody please tell me how we are better off as a society now all our utilities are run for the benefit of foreign owners and shareholders rather than the customer.

Back