The end of woodwork as we know it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A former member of our woodturning club, now into his late 80s, is a lifelong country music singer and makes all his own guitars and banjos. Lovely guy, who by trade was a motor mechanic. Check out the mother of pearl inlay in this example he made. He could play them just as well as he made them too.

Attachments

• Banjo1.jpg
    Banjo1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Banjo2.jpg
    Banjo2.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 0
  • Banjo3.jpg
    Banjo3.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Banjo4.jpg
    Banjo4.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Banjo6.jpg
    Banjo6.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0
I was learning guitar ( had do pause that due to lack of time 😒 having 3 kids and a business to run kinda swallows up my entire life ) and i was interested in banjo because they look similar. My guitar tutor said that you kind of play with a claw on the strumming hand? So it's quite different to a guitar. I got a little plastic ukulele to mess about with in the hot tub, but it didnt work out because when you are immersed up to your shoulders in water, you have to hold the uke at head height to play it 🤣😂

Anyway, what on earth were you doing up at 5am on a sunday??? Apart from posting on here!😁
This player isn't playing clawhammer style, she's frailing.

I have a banjo made by Shackleton Banjos who have since pivoted into clothing it seems.

I can't play it though. Learning byut progress is pretty slow.

It's a left handed one too (yes I am left handed).

Last edited:
This player isn't playing clawhammer style, she's frailing.
Same thing, though clawhammer tends to be more melodic and frailing more chords, but with similar stroke and may move from one to the other in a piece, though others might see themselves as clawhammer purists and frailing as bit slack.

Same thing, though clawhammer tends to be more melodic and frailing more chords, but with similar stroke and may move from one to the other in a piece, though others might see themselves as clawhammer purists and frailing as bit slack.
If you let me play your banjo with a clawhammer it would definitely be dramatic

Back