the eagle has landed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for the delivery of this beauty for a while now.

I am more than pleased, seriously cuffed would be more to the point.
Not ready to turn yet I need to chop a hole in the shed floor and extend the concrete base. Hopefully family life wont get in the way and I can crack on with it tomorrow. Give it some time to go off and bolt her down for next weekend, then bring on the spinning timber!!!!!!!!!!
I am well excited :D :D :D :D :D
Looking forward to showing you guys some round stuff.
have a good weekend all
Rich

n665621426_720339_9618.jpg

3DS17.gif

VERY NICE :p :p :p , good for you Rich, and hope your weekend goes as planned. :wink:

Hello Allen.
Yes she is clean as a whistle, it is a total reconditioned 240v, with a fresh coat of paint. Not ebay, a company called LRE Machinery.
I am going out now to get the cement and studding, my girlfriend and baby are nice and quiet in the kitchen, so I am getting out while the going is good.
:)

Today has Been a good day :D :D :D

n665621426_722086_5660.jpg

The studding and the grooves are to help bind to the existing concrete. I have put thick rubber around the edges to try and prevent any vibrations shaking the shed.

n665621426_722087_6711.jpg

Don't laugh and the far from perfect finish (I am not a builder and never will be.) It is absolutely bob on flat and level thou!!!

Next weekend I am going to bolt her right down :D

Cheers guys
Rich

I thought about setting the bolts into the wet concrete but it would have made life hard getting the surface flat.

Next weekend I will be drilling into the base and using those expanding anchor bolts.

richburrow":6smfl7ri said:
Next weekend I will be drilling into the base and using those expanding anchor bolts.

Yes - the other advantage is not having to lift the lathe with one hand while manoeuvering it with the other to line up with fixed bolts :lol:
Hope you've got strong friends or an engine hoist to get it into position!

WOW That is some lathe, puts my new midi Jet 1220 (which I hope to get after Xmas ordered)in the hobby class.
How big a bowl can you turn on it? and can you do any spindle turning?how many Kg? Looks like you will have to mind your back.
Would like to see some pic of you turning on it .
Regards THOMASB (John) :eek: :eek: :) :) :shock: :shock:

Can't see you making many pens on that lathe Rih. I am assuming that you don't have the spindle bed or is that tucked around the corner somewhere? Expect to see some large bowls / platters in the near future.

Pete

Hello
Sorry I missed your eagle reference dick, I am a bit slow at times :oops:

the picture below shows the right hand side better, you can slide the right hand arm backward and forwards and it takes a revolving centre (400mm apparently, no table legs.)
The bowl turning swing is 495mm, thats one big bowl, not sure I will be going straight to that :shock:
Weight wise the manual says 190Kg, that doesn't mean much to me but it is a pipper to move!!!!
They did a dedicated bowl turning version that was the same but just had a tool rest instead of the short bed on the right.
I have been on love with these since I was very young, as a family we used to go to north wales and when the rained (most of the time) my dad would turn in the workshop there, on a long bed version of the same lathe. My first go was when I was only as tall as the machine and I have thought about getting one ever since :lol:
n665621426_724637_5270.jpg

richburrow":35r06yz6 said:
Hello

Weight wise the manual says 190Kg, that doesn't mean much to me but it is a pipper to move!!!!

419 lbs or 30 stone in English money :lol:
Or in other words....****** heavy

Pete

Latest posts

Back