The Big one

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What art did you do or do you still train?

Shotokan - but not to your level. Had to stop in the Army, ironically - never in one place long enough, and/or too busy and erratic a lifestyle to allow regular training/grading etc.

dedee":21jqgcp5 said:
Well done Colin,
I bet any tools that you lend out come back on time :lol:

Andy
:shock: Lend tools, well there is only about 4 people that I would lend tools to and I used to work with them all :wink:

Shady
What regiment where you in as I spend a little over 7 years in the AT ( Royal green Jackets ) and did enjoy most of it :) .

What regiment where you in as I spend a little over 7 years in the AT ( Royal green Jackets ) and did enjoy most of it

Hah! - I was Light Infantry. I could say something about now I know where you got started with your woodworking - you nicked all your tools, didn't you... :wink: (for everyone else - in military joke - the Greenjackets are some of the best 'liberators' of anything left lying around in the business - the mark of a true soldier... :D )

Colin, you are a big jessie!!!! I can say that knowing you are 200 or so miles away. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hang on a sec. Someone at the door..............COLIN!!!!!!!!!! Tell him I'm out................Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze tell him I'm on Mars with Venusian flu.......for pity's sake don't let him in!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate, VERY well done. Be proud of yourself. Congrats. :D

Lucky you were not in the Light Infantry or I would be asking you to take it outside [-( :wink: .
Ps hated doing heavy drill :) ( I did the cenataf one year and also The Albert hall [-( )

Thanks sliver,
Believe me I am very proud to have passed and finished standing up ( which was not so easy after the 3 fights one after the other :shock: ) but I held my own. :)

Yeah - heavy drill sucks, big time. (SWMBO is abusing me now - she was at the guards depot for two years!!) Although, it always amused me on battalion parades when each CSM would try to march his company 'just a little' quicker than the others. The last company would come on parade at about 400 mph... :wink:

Shady":pbewqucv said:
Yeah - heavy drill sucks, big time. (SWMBO is abusing me now - she was at the guards depot for two years!!) Although, it always amused me on battalion parades when each CSM would try to march his company 'just a little' quicker than the others. The last company would come on parade at about 400 mph... :wink:

In the depot for two years :shock:, cant win them all 8-[ 8-[ :-$ (I used to go to the guards depot at pirgright, I will get my coat ).
I did 6 years shooting team so we used to go they all the time.
I do like the story as I can just see it now :D

Back