...that time of year again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Angels are a great idea, effective and so simple thanks.. I may try get in and make a few.
As to the graph DB, it looks about right on the whole... but the relationship with the spouse in our house is the race to get the workshop space first! :roll:

Yup. You can't see it that well, but there is actually a very slight upward trajectory to the yellow line after the initial plummet which indicates the slow, but inevitable realisation that some things just have to be.

You're probably right - I have far too much time on my hands at work waiting for code to compile :roll:

Time to resurrect this post and get back onto topic !

I fall into the category of a newbie and started making the angels.

These are quite a bit more difficult than I first expected as holding the pieces has to be thought through. One thing I have run into bother with is that the moment I tried mounting the wing pieces on a screw chuck as in the instructions they split, even with increasing the pilot hole. This is well dried cherry I'm using - actually ancient cherry !

I've got round it by creating an arbor with one of those wood screw/machine screw adaptors screwed into a block in the chuck.

Is there more to screw chucks than meets the eye as the one I have is a commercial one and just doesn't seem to work ?

OW

Well I've finished one ..... BUT

There's much more to this than meets the eye and some tricks of the trade need to be shared on making the wings.

My instinct now is to cut the 35mm holes after I've prepared the wing profile - the tips have chipped in the turning, the edges of the holes have gone a bit ragged .. and as for sanding and polishing, that I had to do off the lathe, and the finish is poor consequently.

What's the secret guys?

OW

Back