Project Noxom- A n0legs production

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good, very neat and professional. You must be well pleased with that and rightly so!

=D>

phil.p":29swxhhb said:
Nice one, N0legs, I'd be 'fraid to use it. :D

Cheers Phil my friend =D>
Yes it's very much like that at the moment, it's the prettiest vice I've ever owned and I really don't want to mark it.
But needs must :( :lol:

custard":1b7dkuae said:
Looks really good, very neat and professional. You must be well pleased with that and rightly so!

=D>

Thanks Custard, thanks very much =D>
I've just got to do it some justice now with some decent (or better) work on some projects I've got coming up [-o< :lol:

The Final Update

I had always had a spot for this to go, but it needed a bit of an update and tidying up :oops:
I recovered my bench with some 18mm ply. I ran some wood, (stillage/packing case from some plant), through the thicknesser for an edging.
Two holes were drilled in the front face and lined with some copper pipe. These allow the threads to be wound in or out to suit the material being clamped.
With the rear section in place, two holes were marked for the hold down/fixing bolts to go through the bench top. A pair of Oilite bushes were used to make a neat job of these holes.
A couple of coats of 2K lacquer complete the bench refurb.

The Moxon fits solid and works (well for me) perfectly. The first couple of trials with it really show why these are so popular.
Place the material, wind up the hand wheels and off you go. Having something clamped over 2 feet (600 mm in new money), makes for a really rigid workpiece. I bet an even longer one is a real treat for big pieces.
Just got to get some projects done now :D

A couple of pics, thanks all :D

NTd7FYUm.jpg

yaFr8gVm.jpg

xtimGjWm.jpg

GAspGkBm.jpg

Well n0legs, I'd say you've more than got yer mojo back!

It looks VERY neat and highly professional, and as said by someone else, if it was me I'd definitely not use it - just mount it in a glass case in the sitting room! (After all, if people can do that dead fish & stuffed birds, why not with a piece of high class work like that?)

Much enjoyed the whole thread of posts and the end result really is something to be proud of. Well done that man.

=D>

AES

Great job Nolegs. Extremely well done mate. Gives wood butchers like me something to aspire to.

memzey":q582nv2h said:
Great job Nolegs. Extremely well done mate. Gives wood butchers like me something to aspire to.

Thanks Memzey :D
The worst thing you can do is fail and as long as no one loses an eye all is good :lol:

Back