It's that time again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s that time of year again. The craft fair season is upon us. Since Christmas I have enjoyed driving my car with all the seats in along with the parcel shelf etc. I have taken family and friends on several journeys and travelled 200 miles to spend time helping another member. I have a motabilty car so I really go out of my way to make sure I look after it and that it is protected by all my craft fair stuff.
For those who like to look after their car this is what I do. With just the front seats in place I am left with a huge space. I fit a double blanket to the back of the seats and then with an old eiderdown I cover all of the floor area. I then have four dog mats. I found these in a pound shop. They are 3 x2 feet in size, 2 inch thick foam covered in a nice thick cloth. I have two each side to protect the upholstery. For this season I have had to buy more large storage boxes and now have eight of these and as I stack them they are interlocking. I then have eight smaller boxes and all of these boxes are just for stock.
And then there is a stand alone large box with everything I will need for a day at the craft fair like table cloths, lighting, price labels, cash box (large size) and all manner of things. Down the middle of the car are all my display stands and when I get to this stage I have to pack the car like a jigsaw. The last item to go in is my folding trolley. Every thing is packed in the order that I need to take it out and I am hoping it will be just two trips from the car to my stall with the trolley and two trips getting the smaller items in.
It gives me great peace of mind knowing that the craftmobile, as I call it, is as protected as I can make it. During the 60 odd mile trip to the craft fair I have a few B roads as well as duel carriageways to drive along and despite bumps and tight turns everything remains safe and secure. I have spent several hours getting the car loaded today ready for Tuesday and everything will now remain in the car until Christmas.

Attachments

• Craftmobile.jpg
    Craftmobile.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 908
Hi Geoff
You are lucky, the craft fairs don't really get going over here until Easter. I know what you mean about packing the car, it becomes an art in its self.
Regards
Brendan

The "Craftmobile", love it Geoff :) You're lucky you can leave anything in the car where you live, especially when it's your livelihood. I have a Citreon Berlingo, it's been a fantastic car and carries a huge load, but I love the internal roof bars. On my last boat fishing trip, we must have had nine or more rods with reels attached all in the roof, I actually tell folk the car was designed by a fisherman, even though Citreon thought it best to show the bars with a snowboard :) Good luck at the fair tomorrow Geoff :D

Attachments

• Berlingo Inter Roof Bars.jpg
    Berlingo Inter Roof Bars.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 820
Back