Thank you Aminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esox Lucius

Established Member
Reaction score
I just thought that i should say thanks to Axminsters

Last Monday at around5pm i sent an order to them via the internet. Nothing unsual and the site stated if i ordered before 4pm i would get next day deflivery.

So i missed it by 1 hours.

Next morning at 7.30am TNT Arrives with my order.

What i am gettting at is a big thank you to Axminsters for what i can only describe as an extremelty fast delivery service.

We all seem fast to kick these companies when its bad but not when its good.

Thanks Axminster

a friend who knows nothing about woodwork (hes a crane driver), bought me an ice bear sharpening stone set for crimbo. by accident put the online order through twice. 8.30 next morning a call from axy checking he really did want two.

brilliant

adidat

Axminster are a company which starts with customer care...then accepts the profits that come.

A formula that other companies of every genre would benefit from observing.

Jim

I agree with all of the above comments. They are a breath of fresh air! From what I have found about the tech guys there they can advise because they use the kit they are selling.

Not alone in our neck of the woods either. Ian at Tuff Saws is a star in my book too. He has been very helpful and when the new M40 blade I had broke on the weld I phoned him and the replacement arrived a few days later!

5 star service from both! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Esox Lucius":2zpjzd7v said:
I just thought that i should say thanks to Axminsters

Last Monday at around5pm i sent an order to them via the internet. Nothing unsual and the site stated if i ordered before 4pm i would get next day deflivery.

So i missed it by 1 hours.

Next morning at 7.30am TNT Arrives with my order.

What i am gettting at is a big thank you to Axminsters for what i can only describe as an extremelty fast delivery service.

We all seem fast to kick these companies when its bad but not when its good.

Thanks Axminster

FWIW I agree Gents. So far I've only bought some abrasives (discs n belts in sizes I've had difficulty finding here in Switz) but the whole experience was thoroughly pleasant and very efficient from original contact to arrival of the goods.

Similarly, I recently asked Axi for a quote for a couple of machines. Because Switz is not in the EU (thank goodness) I wanted to compare what the Axi price minus UK VAT but plus delivery to here would be, taking into account the low value £/strong Swiss Franc against similar spec machines available here. I got a fully detailed quote within 24 hours and there didn't appear to be any hard feelings when I advised Axi I wasn't going to go ahead (as it turned out, the bottom line Swiss and UK prices were very close).

Can I also add similar comments about good service re Summit Saw Blades and Atkinson Walker Saws (both of these found from this forum).

It's nice to find good, efficient and friendly service - thanks to all 3 (with the usual disclaimers of course).

AES

OK whilst we are at it

I think Ian at Tuffsaws offers a fantastic service, and i am astounded by the knowledge of Jeremy from Appleby woodturnings in Swadlincote, what he doesn't know about (router/spindle)cutters and blades ain't worth knowing about. He has saved me a fortune by passing on his knowledge mostly at the detriment to his profit!! Plus he deals with Axminster on a daily basis and saves me 10% on their book price (doesn't apply to machinery and power tools) and its always next day delivery except the usual.

Got to add my agreement on Axminster. They are a fantastic company.

I ordered some 70'' bandsaw blades last week, which said suitable for BS250 on their website. When they arrived they were just too tight, and the guy at Record said really needs to be 70 1/2''. Phoned Axminster at 4pm, explained the problem, and the lady got the new ones to me next day, and sent me a Freepost label to return the old ones. Overall, less painful than taking it back to a shop would have been. Superb service. I would consider them first port of call for anything I am looking to buy.

me too, so we all love 'em. And if you ever call for advice etc they actually know what they are talking about which is becoming almost unusual these days.

I agree 100%, axminster have never let me down great customer service and super fast delivery, if you shop about some stuff can be found a bit cheaper but I don't mind paying a little extra for the great service you get from them. As above you always talk to somebody who knows what they are selling which is a rare thing, try talking to the spotty students who work in screwfix, B&Q and alike about woodworking tools and check out the blank empty look you get back.

I ordered some stuff from Axminster at about 3:20 on Friday for delivery. I phoned them 20 minutes later to find out about delivery and my order had already been dispatched! The service is excellent.

Another vote for axminster.

Years ago when I was just a hobby woodworker I had a small bench top planer. One day the port clogged up with chippings and I shoved the extractor pipe further in to try and clear it, while the thing was running. The knife block got hold of it pulling in about 2 foot of pipe and smashing a bearing carrier. I told axminster what I had done and it was my fault it was bust but still the bits were on my door step the next day and FOC.

andyoaks":34tuscum said:
Another vote for axminster.

Years ago when I was just a hobby woodworker I had a small bench top planer. One day the port clogged up with chippings and I shoved the extractor pipe further in to try and clear it, while the thing was running. The knife block got hold of it pulling in about 2 foot of pipe and smashing a bearing carrier. I told axminster what I had done and it was my fault it was bust but still the bits were on my door step the next day and FOC.

good job it wasn't your fingers, as they don't sell them

Fingers were fine that time, I saved them for when I bought a bigger floor standing thing #-o

god did that hurt, not at first but afterwards. Makes me sweat just thinking back

Jonzjob":23h47gtj said:
Does your OH let you out off of a lead Andy :shock: :shock:

now and then mate but only when she's after something :wink:

jimi43":1hkto9hm said:
Axminster are a company which starts with customer care...then accepts the profits that come.

A formula that other companies of every genre would benefit from observing.

Jim

I'm reminded of a quote that I claim to have come up with (maybe came to me subliminally):

"making money is a bi-product of doing something well"

btw Jim, Axminster is singular, one company... what a pain I can be :)

Yep. This is why Axminster are usually my first port of call. Quick, helpful and reliable every time I've ordered.

Their machinery tends to offer good value for money too; although it's often clear that it's made to a price.

Back