Talking Tools at Axminster Guildhall, Friday & Saturday,Free

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":15867pr6 said:
For heaven's sakes... use a Box Brownie if you like, just take lots of pics. :roll: :p
What sort of picture cards do Box Brownies have Alf? :lol: ..so the pics can be loaded up onto t'interweb - Rob

So, Rob, got your camera then...? :mrgreen:

Sorry, sorry, I'll stop. Although folks are going to have a hard time claiming they forgot to take any pics now. ;)

Alf":140vq4vv said:
So, Rob, got your camera then...? :mrgreen:

Sorry, sorry, I'll stop. Although folks are going to have a hard time claiming they forgot to take any pics now. ;)
Were I going Al, my Nikon D60 would be going with me, but alas, as I'm not...it won't :lol: (though as a pensioner I still reckon Paul could lash out a D3 :lol: ) - Rob

Rob Lee":4244zb5p said:
Paul Chapman":4244zb5p said:
Alf":4244zb5p said:
Camera, Paul. Camera. Did I mention that...? ;)

OK, Alf - it's already in my bag.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Do pop by to see us Paul ..... We'll have a few odds and ends to take shots of.... :mrgreen:

Cheers -

Rob
(in Axminster.....!)

Will do, Rob - I look forward to meeting you :D

Paul

Hello

I work for the show host Axminster as part of the BriMarc team.

There is a lot to see, and Rob Lee and Tom Lie Nielsen are both here ready to talk to anyone who has the time, and tons more besides. This is not a selling led event, it is more a way for us to show you the great products that are on offer.

We even have Classic hand Tools on their own stand.

Worthwhile for anyone who has an interest.

Martin

It was a great day out with lots of interesting people to meet and chat to. Will try to post up some pictures later.

It's on again tomorrow if you want a good day out.

Paul

OK a few pics from the day... New stuff from Veritas in the pipeline...
armwrestle.jpg

The man from Maine looks like he's won North American Arm Wrestling competition, but was later disqualified for not having his elbow grounded...

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

Handle removes, and also adjusts to suit the person using it!

IMG_2559.jpg

Prototypes of above...

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Not yet available in Black, Silver and Bubinga - but soon!

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

DC has seen the light!

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

Phil Edwards making a wooden exhaust for his Lambretta!

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

Stunning boxes by Robert Ingham

IMG_2624.jpg

Yes, the man with the beard is THE Terry Saunders!

As promised, a few photos.

Rob Lee with a lovely double-rod marking gauge

TalkingTools2.jpg

A closer shot of the gauge

TalkingTools4.jpg

The beautifully made palm planes

TalkingTools3.jpg

Rob Lee also had a new front vice, which can be seen in the lower right-hand corner of this picture

TalkingTools10.jpg

Tom Lie Nielsen and Terry Saunders from Veritas

TalkingTools9.jpg

Deneb from Lie Nielsen

TalkingTools5.jpg

The lovely Julia with one of her equally-lovely axes

TalkingTools7.jpg

Alex from Classic Hand Tools

TalkingTools6.jpg

And Mike Hudson demonstrating that when you have a really difficult piece of wood, you reach for a Clifton :wink:

TalkingTools8.jpg

All in all a very good event.

Paul

Thanks for the photos Paul - Rob looks far too young - I always imagine him to be much older? :)

Sorry I could not be there but it was my Wine Society's Annual Dinner tonight and I will probably be over limit tomorrow as well? :wink:

Rod

Paul Chapman":1l8a0j5f said:
The lovely Julia with one of her equally-lovely axes

TalkingTools7.jpg

Paul
Looks like it was a really good day out...thanks for the pics Paul. Steve M around? :lol: - Rob

Vann":kelgsd2w said:
andy king":kelgsd2w said:
Lots of lovely tools Andy, but tell us more about this sample (it's hard to get an idea of size - it looks like a LA No.3).

Cheers, Vann.

Hi Vann,

Sorry, I thought i'd posted this pic up - This should give a better idea of scale. (the hands belong to Lee Valley El Presidente Rob Lee)
Speaking with Rob he said it's a plane that was initially decided upon to meet demands for a smaller plane in certain quarters. In theory for those with smaller hands but in reality its a plane that feels 'just right' when you pick it up.
As i recall, it's now in production now, but I can't remember the official launch date. Paul may remember, or Rob himself may look in and clarify.

cheers,
Andy

IMG_2611.jpg

Gentlemen, I thank you from the bottom of my tool-drool-deprived heart. (Although next time, Paul, fewer people, more tools. I mean honestly, they're nice chaps, but not exactly a Pirelli calendar... ;) )

The little low angle smoother is an interesting one; how does it compare in size with the LA block with rear tote/front knob combo? 'Cos at one time I could have sworn Rob said the existence of that made a dedicated small LA smoother unlikely. But I probably mis-remember. Palm planes are cute (and blingy), but a marking gauge with only two stems? Where are the other ten?! I'm also seeing some much, much narrower router cutters, I think...? More saws too. What's that wotsit to the right of the tenon(?) saw prototype? Gosh, the elves have been busy.

That joint by Mr Hiroshi Morita is just incredible. The name of it escapes me, never mind the execution. And glad to see they're keeping Philly busy and out of trouble. :lol:

Sigh. Wish I could have made it. Oh well, thank you again for the pics. It does help, in a sort of masochistic way...

i eagerly await lee valleys next april 1st addition. im thinking of going tomorrow not sure.

thanks for the pics

adidat

Latest posts

Back