Talking Tools at Axminster Guildhall, Friday & Saturday,Free

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David C

In Memorium
Reaction score
Any one going to this event?

I will be there with many others. Some IBC conversions for you to play with.

Best wishes,
David Charlesworth

There's a thread in General Woodworking, but interest seems oddly muted. It's beyond my understanding; I tried moving heaven and earth in an effort to get to it, and can't. :cry: (And I'd like to reiterate that if anyone's going with a camera, please don't fear you'll take too many pictures...)

Anyway, Mr C, I have to ask; what's an IBC conversion? I'm thinking rugby and two points, but I imagine that's not it.

If it's anything like the Rycotewood event last year, it'll be well worth going to. Alas, it's too close for comfort to the Yandles show in early April, which for me is a better event. Besides, I have an orchid event to go to on Sat at our local garden centre, so woody stuff is going onto the back burner this weekend - Rob

Alf":yt7bsk5b said:
I have to ask; what's an IBC conversion?

Is that what Rob Cosman has been peddling? http://www.robcosman.com/tools_blade_chipbreaker.php there was a youtube video, but it's disappeared.

It's a shame that there is nothing of note up North show-wise, I'd love to do Axminster, Yandles and Ally Pally but without a big write up and loads of pictures!!! it would be hard for me to judge whether or not it is worth a big round trip. :-({|=

Ah, thank you, Scouse; had a feeling it was something like that but failed to make the leap from one Mr C to another. And what was that you said? Big write up and loads of pictures? ;)

Scouse":1zpyed1s said:
Alf":1zpyed1s said:
I have to ask; what's an IBC conversion?

Is that what Rob Cosman has been peddling? http://www.robcosman.com/tools_blade_chipbreaker.php there was a youtube video, but it's disappeared.

It's a shame that there is nothing of note up North show-wise, I'd love to do Axminster, Yandles and Ally Pally but without a big write up and loads of pictures!!! it would be hard for me to judge whether or not it is worth a big round trip. :-({|=
The RC IBC conversion sounds interesting if you use Stanley bevel down planes...not much good though as a BU user! - Rob

I thought is was Irritable Bowel something or other?? :D :D :D
Are those the irons that they intimated Veritas used?

Like Rob, saving myself (and the pension) for Yandles!

Rod

I may be there, but I'm moving into a bigger workshop imminently, so if I get access in the next few days I may be a bit too busy supervising a tame forklift driver 8)

Alf,

Yes it is the extra thick blade and chipbreaker set which goes straight into Stanley & Record etc.

Blade 3.6mm thick and C/B 3mm thick. This works because of tabs attached to C/B slot. (Not a new idea).

Some throat filing likely.

A2 blade, slightly hardened C/B all very nicely finished and easy to prepare. Not cheap.

Rob C is involved in the production and promotion. I got roped in on the promotion.

Anyway, I see these as being of great interest to those who do not wish to get involved in yoke lengthening, but want a really thick blade.

Best wishes,
David

David C":3nz7misu said:
Alf,

Yes it is the extra thick blade and chipbreaker set which goes straight into Stanley & Record etc.

Blade 3.6mm thick and C/B 3mm thick. This works because of tabs attached to C/B slot. (Not a new idea).

Some throat filing likely.

A2 blade, slightly hardened C/B all very nicely finished and easy to prepare. Not cheap.

Rob C is involved in the production and promotion. I got roped in on the promotion.

Anyway, I see these as being of great interest to those who do not wish to get involved in yoke lengthening, but want a really thick blade.

Best wishes,
David

(Search, rummage)

post487637.html?hilit=thus patentable#p487637

post188593.html?hilit=two ways#p188593

http://swingleydev.com/archive/get.php? ... 79#message

BugBear

woodbloke":3f2cln1c said:
Paul Chapman":3f2cln1c said:
Alf":3f2cln1c said:
Camera, Paul. Camera. Did I mention that...? ;)

OK, Alf - it's already in my bag.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That'll be the new NikonD3 then Paul? :lol: :-" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: - Rob

Blimey, Rob, I can't afford one of those :shock: It will just be my usual point-and-shoot.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Cheap skates go for the D3s its only £3200 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pete

Back