Sudbury Bash, at DaveL's place

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Well last month I said Bash at my place, so I am starting to plan for it. :whistle:

I have Mike Hancock of Classic Hand Tools bringing some nice things along, as you will know if you are keeping up, is there anything you particularly would like to see or even buy let me know? No I am not on commission. Just trying to get the best day for everyone setup. (hammer)

I hope that everyone will bring stuff with them just like at Steve's Bash. 8)

So if you have things you have made that will go in the car, on the train or plane that others may like to examine then please bring them.

I am hoping that the collection of hand made planes will put in an appearance along with the expertly fettled shop bought ones, I will provide a few odd bits of wood. I even have a workmate of the same type as the one at Steve's, um best not go there.

I will be providing a barque complete with charcoal and possibly someone (large son) to shuffle food on it, to limit the burning. I am hoping everyone will bring something towards feeding a hoard of woodies. I am not a drinker so we best agree on what beer, I assume that some of you will want beer, :roll: needs to be brought along.

ColinC has kindly said he will demonstrate the skill of hammer veneering. \:D/

I will put a document together like the one Steve did which I will mail out next week. So who do I send it to? Everyone who asks for it by emailing [email protected]. 8)

Just a quick reminder there will be dogs,

you will be a friend of Iona as soon as you walk in.

Hi Dave

If I get the time :roll: , I will try to make some veneer hammers for the day that can also be bought after.
That is if anyone wants ones or is that a silly question :wink:

I also might have a few bits I have made too :shock:

Is there anything thing that some might like for me to bring :-k

Colin C":2mliw3s3 said:
I will try to make some veneer hammers for the day that can also be bought after.
That is if anyone wants ones or is that a silly question :wink:

I'll buy one from you, Colin :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Dave

When we spoke at the Nottingham bash I did indicate that I would try and attend yours in Sudbury, unfortunately there is a clash in HID's diary, so I won't be able to attend.

I hope you all have a good time.

Dave - I find myself in the same boat as Waka and very unfortunately I won't be able to attend, as SWIMBO has put a complete veto :x on all woodworky movements just prior to our going on hols next month....a case of the iron fist in the iron glove I'm afeard. However, her departure date for the Falklands is now 14 Oct and have got one or four expeditions in the planning stage :wink: I wish you the best for the day and hope you have a really excellent Bash....look forward to seeing plenty of pics on the forum when I get back - Rob

Well I have made some arrangements, bought one of these:-

You will see it comes complete with a door dog. :wink:
And in the car tonight:

Its going to be quite interesting getting this up, I am going to need some help.:roll:

But the forecast for Saturday is not bad:-

High: 20°C
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the West at 14 mph
Precip: 10 %
Max. Humidity: 69 %
UV Index: 4 Moderate

So I hope they are going to provide shade as opposed to shelter. [-o<

So if you have not asked for directions there is still time, just drop me an email to [email protected]

I have had a request for a guest list, hope you lot don't mind but I am going to stick it up here.

Chisel
Waterhead37
Andy's Wood Shed
Nigel
DomValente
Escudo
Nick W
Cambournepete
Mike Pooley
ColinC
Mike Hancock (who may have a special guest in tow)

I have told a few of my friends who are leaning towards wood work, hope I don't get reported to the slope greasing police. :shock:

I have made a few UKW signs with arrows on, if you get to Sudbury and loose all sense of direction, ask for the Ruby Club, I know that Mike H has been there before.

Dave,

Apologies but I won't be able to make it after all as stuff has come up at home that I am going to have to take care of this weekend. Sorry for the short notice and hope you all have a great time. Look forwards to seeing lots of pics of the day.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Paul Chapman":i19xsy86 said:
You left me off the list, Dave :? :? Are you trying to tell me something :lol:

No sorry Paul, it was just a bit late, as it is now. But I think Dom is not keen on you taking his picture. :roll:

There are a some more members coming now, I will post an updated list tomorrow.

Dave,

I had hoped to escape to come over to see you and the gang today, but it is looking difficult now. It is my sons 4th birthday party and various relatives have called round with presents etc.

There is also a party this afternoon and it is hard to leave.

I hope you have a nice time and I look forward to meeting you hopefully at the next event.

Esc.

A big thank-you to Dave and Mrs Dave for today. As always it was good to meet fellow contributors - names to faces and all that.

Excellent demo of trad veneering and scraper sharpening by ColinC. Any toast would have been well mangled though - glad its not just me who applies a lot of welly during the process.

Was it just me or did the theme of the day appear to be scrapers?

Echoing Nick's thanks to Dave and Naomi and son Joe for doing the cooking. Also to Colin for his veneering demo - impressive tour de main! Shame we didn't need the tent after Dave's trip to get the roof tensioners.. :lol:

Hi All
Thanks Dave, Naomi and Joe for putting up with them 8-[ :whistle: O:)

It was good to put some more faces to names and I am glad people enjoyed my demo on veneering and scraper sharpening, plus for a changed I dont think I missed much :-k

By the way I still some of the veneer hammers left :roll: :wink:

Many thanks Dave, Naomi and Joe for a lovely day. And thanks Colin for the very informative demo on veneering and scraper sharpening =D> At Mike's invitation, I took a detour on the way home and had a look around Classic Hand Tools. A very nice shop. Could have spent a fortune but then thought I had to go home to the wife 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Latest posts

Back