Sudbury Bash, at DaveL's place

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave and Naomi for a great day,

Colin, excellent demo on veneering.

Just got back and asked Deb about the double boiler pot and she has informed me
"we had a load of those at work a few months ago and chucked the lot away" :shock: :evil: :cry:

Glad to meet the other members

And a final thanks to Mike from Classic Hand Tools who tried his best to get me to part with some money :wink:

Andy

Well I finally made it to one of these do's, and a jolly good afternoon it was too :lol: Really great to put a few faces to names, a big help to the old grey matter as time goes on. First class veneering demo from Colin c (hmm now let me see did he say small c or big C?) must have a go at that just as soon as I get a veneer hammer :roll:

Took the Davis plane to show around, thinking I would nip to N.Market to drop it in for appraisal/sale by Tony Murland. As it turned out I didn't need to since it went home with Mike Hancock of CHT who thinks he knows of a buyer for it :lol: so hopefully I will soon have some loverly lolly to spend in his shop (and elsewhere too if it realises the kind of money it seems to be worth :shock: )

Huge thanks to Dave, and Naomi for their hospitality, and Joe of course for the stirling job breathing all that smoke from the BBQ. Nice one folks 8)

Mark

A few snaps from the day.

Colin giving his veneering demo

view
[/url][/img]

Colin filing a card scraper

view
[/url][/img]

Colin demonstrating use of the scraper

view
[/url][/img]

Chris and Colin sharing a joke

view
[/url][/img]

Dave obviously overheard the joke

view
[/url][/img]

Nick and Mike's colleague from Classic Hand Tools (sorry, couldn't remember your name :oops: )

view
[/url][/img]

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Thanks Dave & Naomi for a great bash and to all who helped make it a good day,
A great demonstration by Colin on veneering plus the scraper sharpening
which will help me on my first try,
Andy said he knew a man called Mr MDF must be from up north,

Cheers Nigel

Well thank you all for coming to Sudbury on what was a very nice day, both weather wise and company.
I have uploaded loads of pictures, here.

It was good to meet up with old friends and make some new face to face contacts. You provided the bulk of the food so thank you for bringing such a good selection with you. I have an apology, Andrew, you bought a Lemon tort, I found it still in the box under a tea towel when helping to clear the kitchen, sorry it never got put out.

I big thank you to Mike, Dave and Alex you chaps must still be recovering from Westonbrit and end up back almost in a tent again. Mike a good selection of stuff, when I asked about bringing rasps I never expected such a good selection and good prices, I bought three. :D

I will be taking the tent down tomorrow and the garden will once again belong to the dogs. I expect most of you have found white fur somewhere about your person, but Iona managed not to get in to any of the pictures. Sam Wise who is not a shop dog thought you were great and could not keep out, thanks for being patient with the old chap.

Shame I could't make it Dave, would have loved to.

Looks like everyone had a good time - wish i'd seen Colin's demo too :?

Can I just add my thanks to Dave for a very pleasurable day on Saturday and to the rest of his family for the hospitality and cooking.

Colin has inspired me to have a go at veneering when I next get an opportunity.

Hop you enjoy the lemon tort Dave :)

Andrew

Latest posts

Back