Stud finder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Having tried and rejected most of the ones on the market, I had a brainwave and thought 'why not try using my Wagner Moisture Meter MMC220 to see if it can detect any difference between plasterboard/plaster and where the stud is.

It can :lol:

Just re-badge it, call it a bomb detector and become a millionaire, no sorry that’s already been done, and it ends with a prison sentence. :cry:
Take care.

ChrisR.

Can't resist rolling this one out again:

I had a stud detector but had to throw it away as it went off every time I got in the van.

ChrisR":20n7ley6 said:
Just re-badge it, call it a bomb detector and become a millionaire, no sorry that’s already been done, and it ends with a prison sentence. :cry:
Take care.

ChrisR.

Wish he ended up being asked to manually search minefields, the (MOD EDIT) pineapple. :evil:

What I really don't understand is why none of the purchasers of the supposed "Bomb Detector" tested the darned thing before buying them!

All the stud detectors I've ever had are useless. They keep on telling me about bits of wood behind a wall !!!!!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

tekno.mage":3nouw4w8 said:
What I really don't understand is why none of the purchasers of the supposed "Bomb Detector" tested the darned thing before buying them!

From what I read on the case the buyers were being bribed to buy them as they were purchasing them on behalf of goverments etc, so they themselves were not the end user, they were just cashing in on there position.

As for detecting timber in partition walls I`ve always managed with a small magnet, I find a row of vertical screws or nails with the magnet, mark their position, draw a line to join them & that gives me the postion of the vertical upright.

regards.

dj.

dj.":3mer4bdg said:
As for detecting timber in partition walls I`ve always managed with a small magnet, I find a row of vertical screws or nails with the magnet, mark their position, draw a line to join them & that gives me the postion of the vertical upright.

It sounds like a perfectly sound method, apart from the bit where you have to paint the wall again 'cause you've drawn all over it!

Back