Struggling to make these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy builder

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to make 6 of these boards in oak, I am using my festool jigsaw with a T101AO blade, the smallest blade I can find. Trouble is they need to be a neat fit and all exactly the same so they all fit together no matter which order they are in.

The radius are quite tight and although I have the blade held quite tight in the jigsaw, it still wavers slightly, meaning when I sand the radius down they aren't a neat fit anymore. I don't have a scroll saw and am not about to go and buy one for this one job as it's not worth it.

I'm about to give up, any ideas ??

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 278
I think you need to forget the idea of trying to cut both parts in one cut and make a router template for each half of the joint.
Cut the male part onto a piece of MDF, that is one template. Then draw around this onto another piece of MDF and very carefully cut it out so it is a perfect fit on the other template. This is then you second template.
Draw around these onto your timber and cut with your jigsaw nice and close to the line.
Clamp the template back onto the timber and go around it with a bearing guided cutter.
All if your pieces should then fit as well as the templates did.

I'm with cusimar9.
Template with sheercut bearing guide.

Regards
Glynn.

Or make them all obviously different like a jig saw puzzle? Then after a few glasses everybody could get down on the floor and sort it out.

Latest posts

Back