Storage boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a real long shot but I am looking for some heavy duty cardboard or plastic boxes to fit in a storage rack I have been given in which I want to put screws, taps,, dies, washers, nuts bots etc etc in my workshop.
The boxes need to be 60mm high x 120mm wide x 150mm deep.
I really need about 100 in total
I have scoured eBay, amazon, the internet etc and have not found anything at a reasonable price
Just wondered if anyone has any smart ideas??
Thanks a lot
Mark

Would it be possible to make some? Thin plywood offcuts for sides, back and bottom, and clear acrylic-type offcut for the front? Perhaps if you made one, get a pattern, then cut all the parts in bulk on the table saw. It does sound like 100 would be a considerable amount of work, but if you can't find ready-made boxes then it might be an option.

K

Why not try looking for Lin Bins or storage bins on *bay, lots of sellers on there and dedicated hanging racks too. We use loads where I work in my full time job for screws, nuts, bolts, tool inserts etc and they come in plastic or cardboard in various sizes.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

Eat lots of Chinese takeaway and save the boxes. They can make your screws a bit smelly though ... :lol:

I keep a lot of my tooling in clip lock food containers so they don't go rusty but it sounds like you need a lot and a bit overkill for screws.

My local Lidl had some small storage boxes a few days ago.

The lids aren't great, but for 66p each (3 for £2) you can't really go wrong.

sounds like you need to fold some up out of ali sheet glue wooden triangular bracers in the corners and Bob's your Uncle.

woodpig":170fq0e7 said:
Eat lots of Chinese takeaway and save the boxes. They can make your screws a bit smelly though ... :lol:

I keep a lot of my tooling in clip lock food containers so they don't go rusty but it sounds like you need a lot and a bit overkill for screws.

+1 For the above, just about the size our takeaway's are delivered in.
Rodders

Latest posts

Back