Steve's workshop - Painting the outside walls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think we're all going to go and finish it as a surprise you can think again!

Get well soon Steve. ;-)

Steve stop overdoing it, take a few days off, get back on your feet before even thinking of working on your new workshop, there's no point in hurrying it up only to damage yourself to the point of not being able to do any work in it! Take a well earned break!!!

Get well soon.

Baldhead

Baldhead":rm8bsgt6 said:
Steve stop overdoing it, take a few days off, get back on your feet before even thinking of working on your new workshop, there's no point in hurrying it up only to damage yourself to the point of not being able to do any work in it! Take a well earned break!!!

Get well soon.

Baldhead

+1

Take a couple of weeks off, I know you will want to get straight back to it but you definitely need to take it easy. Like Baldhead said, there is no point in doing yourself serious damage in the rush to finish.

+1 Steve

As everyone has said, a great thread (entertainment and learning combined in 1!) and now is certainly not the time to overdo it. As my lady wife always says, "It'll still be there tomorrow".

Gute Besserung.

Krgds
AES

Steve,
Very sorry to hear you are unwell. As others have said take good care of yourself, listen to & act on the medical advice and I look forward to hearing you are feeling better soon. Don't worry about the workshop it & your avid readers will just have to be patient & wait till you are fully recovered.

Well I'm back home and feel perfectly fine. In fact I've felt fine all day but had to hang around until 6pm for a CT scan. At 7.30 I asked if the consultant urologist was comeing and the Sister (or whatever they are called these days) said, "Oh he won't come now it will be tomorrow." Well I didn't fancy another night in the hospital, and as I live within ( a good) walking distance I negotiated Night Release. I have to be back for 7.30 in the morning. But I just needed some clean clothes and my contact lenses. I had managed to take my lenses out before being carted off, but I was still in my work clothes, so you can imagine what I looked like by this afternoon after I'd spilled my dinner down my front. Is this the sign of things to come?

But it looks like it's nothing to worry about at all, and if I get out early tomorrow I'm supposed to be going walking for the day. There is no way I can sit around doing nothing for a week, I've been doing too much of that for the last few years, I want to make up for lost time now.

Anyway, here are some pics I didn't have time to upload yesterday. Enjoy.

I've discovered that my spirit level is not as accurate as I thought it was, so I don't really know if this panel of cladding really will line up with that on the right of the door until I get to the top. I hope I don't have to pull it all off.

P1020901.JPG

P1020900.JPG

I lined up the left panel area best as I could with a chalk string. Again, we shall have to see how well I did that, but I've not nailed every board, just in case.

P1020903.JPG

P1020902.JPG

Attachments

• P1020900.JPG
    P1020900.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • P1020901.JPG
    P1020901.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • P1020903.JPG
    P1020903.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • P1020902.JPG
    P1020902.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,018
Good to hear you are o/k Steve I was going to ring you last night after Bake off, but I fell asleep!

I am off in a couple of weeks time so I will pop round to help, just try and be upright :wink:

Pete

Glad your ok steve. Have you thought much about your security. My workshop was burgled a few years ago. It was before I got into the wadkin big boy kit so everything was easy to nick. All told they took about £3k worth of gear. Naturally things would be a lot harder for the robbers now, but It is a horrible feeling when you see your workshop door open.

Steve......another poster (wizard9999) asked if you had sought building regs approval to which there was no response. I happen to know the chap as it happens and your thread came up in conversation the other day.

He seems to think that once a building crosses a threshold square footage then it doesn't matter if its a habitable dwelling or not, it needs building control to sign it off. This distinct from planning consent of course which I know you have.

I thought it worth mentioning because if he's right goodness only knows what the local planning will do to retrospectively examine the integrity of the build.

If you have thought this through and its under control then can you just drop a note so we know. He's only thinking of avoiding storing up trouble for you.

Back