Steve Maskery jig.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
He lists it as a cheap Pocket Hole Jig.
Saw this in the Autumn 2005 edition of Good Woodworking and I thought if I asked Steve very nicely he might be willing to share it with the forum.

Roy.

Hi Roy
Hmm, 2005. That must be the one with the ski-slope sides? I still have it somewhere, but TBH, that was one of the also-rans. It worked OK, but it was unnecessarily complex. I was trying to emulate the curved pocket of the commercial machines, but it is simply not necessary and sometimes it was tricky to clamp.

But I'm happy to post a pic,
ywcr5x.jpg

If you are interested in a good, cheap, quick & easy PH jig, I would, instead, point you in the direction of the one I published in British Woodworking just a couple of issues ago. There are three jigs, actually, one for routing pockets in sheet materials, one for routing pockets in 3x1 and the like and one for drilling the clearance hole for the screw. Much more simple and provided that you use a standard guide bush, you don't have to make it for a particular router.

ywcr50.jpg

Nick has the copyright on that for a few more months yet, so your best bet is to email him for a back-issue (BW8) [email protected].

It's not quite as quick as using a Kreg, for example, but the great advantage of this kind of jig over the Kreg type is that the sideways-pulling action of the screw is greatly reduced. I won't say eliminated, but certainly greatly reduced, making assembly much less frustrating.

BTW, talking of BW, I have the privilege of seeing some of the upcoming material when Nick asks me to do illustrations. I have to say, Nick is attracting some very high-quality contributors and I'm not talking about myself here. There is some very nice work in the pipeline, very nice indeed.

Hi,

You had me going, I thought their was a jig for making Steve Maskerys :wink:

Pete

Crikey, Gidon, I forgot that lot was there!

Mailee, wait 'til you see my latest tenon jig. It's the cherry on the icing of the cake made from bees knees and served with a puree of the dogs wotsits.

I'm all ready to go with it except for my new website. That works on my PC but not on the web and I don't know why. It looks like Charley is away for a few days, so I'm waiting until he can tell me what I've done wrong. I hope it's something simple like Permissions, but I can't do any more just now. I'll keep you posted though!
S

Regrettably British Woodworking is not available locally but thanks for the info chaps.

Roy.

Steve Maskery":1dywlsj7 said:
Crikey, Gidon, I forgot that lot was there!

Mailee, wait 'til you see my latest tenon jig. It's the cherry on the icing of the cake made from bees knees and served with a puree of the dogs wotsits.

S

A nice selection of work there Steve, some of which I've seen. Also impressed with the Studio Easel. To large for my little room, but clearly it does the job.
:D

Hi Neil,

Occasionally I get an attack of insomnia. Too early to start up machinery, too late to go back to bed, nowt on the telly and I can't be bothered to get stuck into a good book. Agreed... Sad innit!

:D

Latest posts

Back