Steam Mop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeddedhed

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's probably a bit odd asking a bunch of woodworkers to recommend a house cleaning product but.....
SWIMBO wants to get one and i was wondering if any of you (or your better halts) had and used one of these things and could comment on which ones to avoid and which are the better models.

Here's hoping!

Bought one off QVC once. The ad showed it blasting burnt on grime off the oven door. Tried cleaning all sorts when it arrived, didn't touch a thing, absolute junk, sent it back & got a full refund. Watched the ad again and you could see it was just gravy and water or something light that they had put on to look like burnt on grease.

Purchased a Vax steam cleaner from Amazon, waste of time, just moves the dirt around, should have returned it. The steam may kill bugs?

We have around 100 M2 of laminate flooring and the missus bought a Shark 2 in 1 lift off model about 6 months ago. Swears by it and I have to admit it works very well and the floors dry in a fraction of the time it took previously.
Was around £100 from Costco direct though I think they're down to £90 now

TCats":3a0g7gwf said:
Purchased a Vax steam cleaner from Amazon, waste of time, just moves the dirt around, should have returned it. The steam may kill bugs?

+1. Agree 100%. save your money and get a decent mop. We got one of these for about £30 from Asda and it works a treat. The spinning action gets the majority of the water out of the mop so you end up with a floor which is barely damp, and the triangular shape gets right into corners. My SWMBO is normally a sucker for new gadgets, but she much prefers this to a steam cleaner, and the foor gets cleaned in no time at all.

Back