Started the workshop at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, we looked at the building, studied the plans for its replacement, and came to the conclusion that we would be better off doing the necessary improvements to the timber one.
We live just north of Cardigan and close to the coast, very mild but can be wet, but at least the rain is warm! :lol:

Roy

Never been in that area.Last time i was in Wales(2002)i stayed near St.Davids.Beautiful coastline but it never stopped raining.

We're north of that Skip, it can be like that, it's raining here today but we've had two weeks of hot sunny weather till today.
At least we haven't got to water the garden!

Roy.

Pete.
Thanks for the tip.
I wasn't sure which way the beading came off.
I also heard that some old beading can get brittle. So I thought I would heat it up with a heat gun first.

Roy.
You said:-
Any clear finish that I'm aware of is a job for life mate.

Why would it be any different from the coloured stuff?

Thank you both for your replies.

Another question about windows.

Do I install the window before the cladding?

Also. What do I do about the breathable membrane, and the waterproof membrane. Do they get raped around the opening where the window is going?

If this is not clear, don't hesitate to ask.

You can either fit the window sticking proud,clad round and seal edges or alternatively you could set the window back in the frame and put timber reveals round.In the first instance i would fit the window first and in the second instancce it could be done before or after.Personal choice really.I personally would wrap the membrane round behind the window jambs.

On my allotment ,

To protect the fencing, I mixed old engine oil and Paraffin, I then gave the fencing a liberal coat of the mixture, and it is about 6 years before I have to give it another coat, The fence posts are soaked in the mixture and a plastic bin bag wrapped around the bottom 24 inches before putting them in the ground after 11 years no sign of rot

You really need to watch "This Old House" more often Tom DaSilva demonstrates how to do this best. I think its the Concorde Mass. New England L house project.

Tom

HI all.

It's been a while, but I have been working on the shed, (weather permitting), as well as going to weddings all over the country.

Here are some pics of my progress.

Studwork going up.
WS0001.jpg
[/img]

Aprill showers in Hampshire. First window frame built.
WS0002.jpg

Roof truss's going up.
[/img]
WS0003.jpg

OSB roofing being covered with breathable membrane.
WS0004.jpg

Breathable membrane completed.
[/img]
WS0005.jpg

Starting to lay felt shingles.
WS0006.jpg

Roof finished, all but the capping.
[/img]
WS0007.jpg

Roof completed.
WS0008.jpg

Spraying the cladding before fixing.
[/img]
WS0009.jpg

Well there you go. That's how far I have got so far, with the addition of having put in two windows and awaiting one window and sill.
My next step is to cover the walls with a waterproof membrane, then the cladding and build the doors.

Thats it for now kiddies. I will see you all again soon.....ish. Possibly, perhaps, maybe. TaTa for now.

Coming on nicely. Here's a tip: When its completed, don't move! :roll: :wink:

Back