Started the workshop at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Steve,
It's part of the perks of 45 years of married life.
We call it tolerance and a trouser-leg each. It worked for us, because I honestly can't say we ever 'worked' at it.

I think it was my furniture that she couldn't resist. 8)

Although most of that is showing its age now, so I am winding down by reverting to hand-work for most of the replacements. (Except the ruddy kitchen!!!)

Regards
John :D

Well I bought my wife a motor mower, strimmer, chain saw, hedge trimmer and garden vac and I haven't got anything! Am I doing something wrong? :lol:

Roy.

Just a quick update, and a question.

My beloved, now wants a clear finnish on the shed. Any recommendations on a clear/clearish timber preservative for the cladding.

I have been given a secondhand double glazed upvc window unit. To fix it to the shed frame I have to remove the plastic beading from around the glass to get to the fixing holes. Can someone explain to me how I remove and replace the beading.

Hi, garywayne

To get the beeding out you will need a paint scraper or something broad and flat to prise the beading out, usually away from the frame ie inwards but it depends on the window.

Pete

Any clear finish that I'm aware of is a job for life mate.
Talk her into Creosote.

Roy.

Only if they catch you!
If you by 25ltrs from agricultural suppliers, for example, it's obtainable.

Roy.

I live in an ex-POW timber building Skip and years ago I painted the whole damn lot with bituminous paint, then we Creosote every few years. Beats re-pointing, rendering etc.

Roy.

We bought the place with detailed planning consent for a brick and tile bungalow and a half acre plot.
My son and I moved in with no electricity, no hot or cold water, and no drainage.
The kitchen floor moved up and down with the water table, the windows had all been nailed shut, there were so many spiders in the place that when the electricity suppliers arrived to reconnect us the chap would do the job till after I had removed the offending wildlife.
We had Bats in the loft, Blackberry's in the kitchen, Foxes, Badgers and Grey Squirrels running around all over the place, Toads hopping in the back door, Wasp nests and one year a swarm of Bees.
We've got a Rookery in the garden as well and the noise at this time of the year is deafening!
Oh, and the house was painted bright yellow!

You never got round to building the bungalow then?

When i retire,would love a plot of land somewhere in the sticks and build a timber house.

What part of Wales you in?It's a very nice place.Been there quite a bit.

Back