stanley doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chief

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, i need some advice about fitting stanley full length sliding doors. If it helps the particular doors i am refering to are the antique pine 36" by 89".

After doing some research, the suppliers say the doors fit a minimum opening of 2260mm, i will be fitting 4 doors in total and so will need a 142" track. I am led to believe that the bottom track takes all the weight of the doors and the top track is just for guideing the doors.

I have never fitted any of these staney doors before (or any sliding doors), so any advice you can give me would be great. I guess a lot of you fellas have fitted loads of these doors before, so any hints and tips you have would also be great, as i have no idea how to fit them properly.

All advice welcome.

hi chief
your asumption is correct for these stanley doors the weight is carried by the bottom track , the castors are adjustable for leveling.
ive seen these fitted on top of carpet and on unleveled floors ,its quite strange seeing them lean to one side and them the other as they ride an undulating track.
when ive put them in ive cut back carpets and fitted a batten to the floor that can be wedged level across its length.
dave w
best of luck with your project.

One simple tip. Read the instructions, twice, it should all be there :D :D :D
It's difficult to give you an answer when you don't know what the question is yet. Just make sure any framework is within the stated tolerances and about 90mm or so wide IIRC so either door can clap, against it without shooting by without the top pelmet sticking out from it. (You'll know what I mean once you get going).
Regards Andy

Thanks everyone for your input :D .

Dave W, is trying to level a batten on top of the carpet worth a try :?:

Or is it just much better / easier to cut back the carpets?

thanks

my choice on uneven floor was to cut back carpet so that i could get a firm fixing for a battern that would be same hieght as carpet but allow leveling out of uneven floor.
ive seen these fitted over carpet and that apears to create undulations in the bottom track when screwed down, if memory serves me correctly the pre punched screw holes are approx 250-300mm apart ,and the track is quite flexible ,it could be that track should not be tightend down to hard.
dave w

Latest posts

Back