squaring stock, is it time to invest? or hone my skills

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":10ziu214 said:
The cheaper Axiis well spoke of amongst it's owners.
The Axminster that Tom refers to is a very good bit of kit and well worth the money were it not for the fact that every time you need to do some thicknessing, the lump of cast iron called the fence has to be removed from the machine :evil: ...for me that's a glaring issue so I've been persuaded :roll: by certain individuals to go for the 10" Jet p/t, which is the same model as Tom's - Rob

do really appreciate everyones thoughts on this.

I'm not going to have the room or money for a machine like either of those for my hobby for some time to come (ie next house) ;-)

So I think that leaves me to work on my hand tool skills for now, which is no bad thing.

Cheers guys

So I think that leaves me to work on my hand tool skills for now, which is no bad thing.

No bad thing at all, and if you managed to squeeze in a smallish second-hand bandsaw (loads cheap on ebay) you would get to work on your hand skills just as much, while getting more done....

Marcus

Again, I think I'm in the same place as Mick on this (although I do have room in my current house, but am just offering on a house that I won't have room in!! Long story....). Many long frustrating hours ahead.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back