Splitting Logs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racers":1uxjr9xx said:
Well, I certainly can't :( . Confession time - was de-branching some pieces of spruce with a billhook using exactly that hold, and cut 3/4 of the way through top of my thumb. Took the best part of 6 months to heal, and is still sore.............

I've still got the scar from splitting logs... on my leg. A bit flew off the log and, despite having 359 other directions to go in, hit me right on the leg, I was wearing shorts at the time, jeez did it hurt. (the log hitting me, not the wearing of shorts)

Thanks Studders, made me feel quite unwell :shock: . Never mind the H&S issues, my elbow was sharper than his sawblade - maybe that was his safety protection...

Studders, there are 2 things wrong with your cip and that is that neither the bloke or the saw are the sparpest things in the draw!

Not splitting, but I still think that this is one of the most STUPID things I have ever seen. In my garden, a 'professional' tree bloke taking down a couple of pines by our pool. I took this photo and legged it into my workshop so as not to be a witness.

He is 10 foot up a ladder holding on with his left hand and the top handle saw abou 6" in front of his throat!

Treesdown6attemptedsuicide3.jpg

Note all the safety kit, like goggles, gloves, etc.

Jonzjob":1blp1il2 said:
Studders, there are 2 things wrong with your cip and that is that neither the bloke or the saw are the sparpest things in the draw!

It's all in the push.
As for your chappie........ un-ferkin-believable.

Latest posts

Back