Spindle moulder to take large tooling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluezephyr

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a spindle moulder that will take a 146mm whitehill panel raising cutter.
I dont really have the room for a large Rojek machine, Are there any smaller and lighter machines available that i can put on a mobile base?

Hi BZ

Dunno. But I do have a Scheppach gathering dust and it comes with some useful tooling. It won't take your 146mm block but it does come with a Freud panel raising block, on which you can put different profiles. Standard block and rebate block too. Wheel kit, ring fence, etc, etc.

It's an excellent machine, small footprint, but I never have cause to use it.

PM me if interested.
S

Did you mean 140mm ? This does not seem particularly large and I reckon it would fit on my little Kity spindle (although too lazy to go out and measure it tonight).
If you wanted a new machine then I think kitys are no longer made but plenty second hand.

Bob

EDIT.
Just had a look around online. There is a Kity 429 which takes 140mm tooling
Charnwood and SIP also have suitable machines. There is a used Kity 626 on ebay at the moment.

140mm isn't that large in spindle moulder terms, it's more of can the motor
spin up the weight mass of the cutter block. I would have thought one of the SIP or Fox, & Metabo 2hp range would probably work OK.

As it's the panel raiser block just check the captive ring opening is more than the width of the block as most of the block sits below the table.

Steve Maskery":w4q4s7ik said:
Hi BZ

Dunno. But I do have a Scheppach gathering dust and it comes with some useful tooling. It won't take your 146mm block but it does come with a Freud panel raising block, on which you can put different profiles. Standard block and rebate block too. Wheel kit, ring fence, etc, etc.

It's an excellent machine, small footprint, but I never have cause to use it.

PM me if interested.
S

sorry for butting in but by any chance do you have instructions for your freud panel raising block, i picked some freud tooling up recently but have no instructions for any of it and while i guess i could figure it out after awhile instructions are so much easier , also got a door making set without instructions so that should be great fun to work out, cheers Mark

bluezephyr":74vgdcsd said:
Steve Is the Scheppach up to current regs?

If you mean, "is it braked?", then Yes it is. I'm not aware of other regs.
S
Edit: Of course, It's properly guarded, too! There is an overhead guard for the ring fence and a guard-cum-pressure-roller for the straight fence.

The blocks are 140mm dia but the knives take the diameter upto approx 170mm (15mm projection each side).

If you are running it above the table (obviouslt are as its a double sided block) then why not make a new guard, I cant fit my 150mm wobble saw into the 140mm casting on my machine but knocked up a new one form 25mm Ply & MDF.

Jason

Back