Some projects from a newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Weegie

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice ,never tried Nameplates yet still plodding away with my clock must post some pics to prove it :lol:
Steve

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am really trying to see what is the best pain to use on similar projects for the future.

I have tried Acrylic paints, Gloss, poster, Varnish, Yaucht Varnish. The stuff absolutely stinks. I have also used Paints for Aircraft models.

Still really trying to find a suitable application.

What do other people use on there woods.

good stuff weegie, keep at it!
i tried compound cutting stuff just a bit thicker than your pieces not long after i 1st started scrolling and to be honest made such a mess of it haven't dared as yet to try again, so well done (plus my table insert gives me a visual reminder every time i sit down to saw....made a bit of a mess)!! :wink:
As for stains and paint i'm afraid i'm not much good to you here, i like a nice natural look with my tree hangers and decorations, i tend to just lightly coat them with a sanding sealer, occasionally i'll give them a stain or i'll seal them for protection with fine coat of clear spray varnish but it all depends on the piece and the wood you use bud.
whatever you do.....enjoy your scrolling mate! :)

Latest posts

Back