[SOLD]Startrite T30 spindle moulder for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsworth

Established Member
Reaction score
Raising money for a new table saw, so reluctantly selling my startrite T30

Has a footprint of 17 inches by 36 inches.
Has a 1 1/4 inch spindle

Sliding table, very handy.

Single phase 220 volt plug in.

Can get it delivered via Currier at cost. Aprox £150 pounds but will need your address and postal code to verify.

No tooling included. Reasonable offers over £600 pounds. If no one wants will list on E-bay, but wanted to give fellow woodworkers a go at it.

startriteT302.jpg

starriteT301.jpg

Any questions or offers let me know.

I'll give it to the weekend and if no offers will list it, thanks

woodsworth":3cte0fle said:
Raising money for a new table saw,

Swap you and Axminster TS-200, lovingly fettled ;)

I'd have it off you in a shot, but I don't have the readies for another few weeks. :cry:

I was talking to Brad about single phase decent SM's today.

Cheers

Karl

should of seen that one coming wiser

as nice as that offer is i'll have to pass.

A few weeks is nothing to wait. I've had it for several years so a couple of weeks isn't a problem if your committed to the deal.

Some one is going to come and have a look at it on Wednesday so not taking any offers until after then to be fair. Will update if it is available Wednesday evening.

Had a trip over the border to visit WW today, and came back the proud owner of the SM.

Got it home and knocked together a mobile base for it (25mm MDF and some castors), and wheeled it into its new home

DSC00055.jpg

From here it can be wheeled into position in the 'shop, but won't take up valuable floor space whilst not being used.

I left the bag of fixings at WW's, so he is kindly posting them to me. I will then be able to get the sliding carriage etc fitted.

Now for some tooling, and a bit of tuition on SM use from Brad

Cheers

Karl :D

That didn't take you long did it, and that is certainly some serious clamps. I hope you get a lot of use out of it, a nice little machine. Thanks for helping me towards my table saw. Another £1600 to go.

You don't much about do you Karl. You won't be able to move in there soon! ;)

Funny you should say that Tom. I was looking round the 'shop tonight (having given it a bit of a tidy) and I don't think i've ever had as much space before! I've banished a lot of the "non 'shop" items (plumbing materials, tiling tools etc) to the outside shed.

I've managed to get a table saw, planer thicknesser, 8' bench, morticer. spindle moulder, bandsaw, timber storage, 2 extractors and power tool storage in there. Oh, and a fridge!

I was thinking of doing a new 'shop "tour", if only to show how mobile bases on large machines is essential in a small 'shop. Mine is 2.5m wide by 5m long.

Cheers

Karl

A mobile base on a spindle , thats funny ! It can be the most used machine in a workshop if you buy the tooling . Thats gonna cost you alot of money !

Yeh I've also stumbled upon a layout which works for me. Tho I can't\won't fit any more machinery in.

Would like to see you mobile bases. All mine need changing.

Jason, why is a spindle on a mobile base funny?

I've had my spindle moulder on a mobile base for years. It makes sense in a small shop where 90% of the time you are machining small componants and can keep it tucked away. Then on the few occasions you need to machine long lengths you simply wheel it out into the middle of the floor.

Looks like a good buy, Karl. Get the sliding table fitted and I'll pop over with some tooling and give you a bit of tuition - just like Scrit did for me all those years ago.

Cheers
Brad

Your bits are in the post Karl. Didn't do anything special so I'm assuming a couple of days.

Wizer , i just had visions of the spindle shooting through the workshop wall and the timber staying where it was :lol: It made me giggle anyway .
Brad , you make it sound like Scrit and yourself are best mates . We both know that is not the case so your little bitchy digs are not needed mate :roll:

JFC":3dwedfvr said:
It can be the most used machine in a workshop if you buy the tooling . Thats gonna cost you alot of money !

Yeah - ordered a Whitehill rebate block today - £100 with delivery etc. There's a good site on e-bay (Appleby) who seem to be quite good on price. Euro style steel cutterblock for £40 (new) and the CMT cutter sets for £13 (with limiters). Phoned the guy up today and had a long chat with him - he was a spindle operator by trade.

Adjustable grooving cutters are bloody expensive aren't they!

Cheers

Karl

JFC":10a5e7py said:
Brad , you make it sound like Scrit and yourself are best mates . We both know that is not the case so your little bitchy digs are not needed mate :roll:

I thought Brad was being the bigger man? Although I do worry about Scrit. What the bloody hell happened to him?

Brads a bigger man than me ? Now that really is funny :lol:
Regarding the spindle tooling , yes it is silly money but it will earn its keep if you use it enough . Depends what you want to do i suppose . If its hobby then spending on spindle tooling isnt worth it IMHO . If you can make it pay then it will double your takings plus some .
A 40 maybe 55mm block will be the best way to go as most modern cutters will fit that legal (H&S) block . Buy cutters when you need them rather than a bulk buy in a kit .

JFC":1ser7xex said:

Which bitchy little dig?

It was simply a statement of fact. When I got my first spindle moulder Scrit kindly came round and showed me how to use it. I'm now offering to do the same for Karl. It is meant purely in the spirit of camaraderie between forum members.

I wouldn't advise anybody to use a spindle moulder without some tuition in its safe use.

Doctor":1ser7xex said:
JFC":1ser7xex said:
Brads a bigger man than me ?

About 18 stone I reckon.

6'3" and 17.5 stone :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back