So strange

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use macs and the same thing happened to my laptop a long while back. Isn't connected externally to any speakers etc but I would suddenly hear a very short section (two/three seconds) of dialogue sometimes. Freaked me out for months, then finally associated it to when I'd been reading an online newspaper - it was sections of a particular advert from the paper. Still have absolutely no idea why it happened, and it's long since stopped but I was glad it wasn't something sinister!

Now, hearing morse code in the atmosphere at night… that's another thing altogether… (cue twilight zone music...)

RogerS":rbruj1lw said:
OK. Does this happen every five minutes? Are there any times when it does not?

Assuming it is every five minutes, go down to your dock and click on every open application and close it. Assuming you have a vanilla iMac then after you have done this, the only thing left with a white dot underneath it is the extreme left hand icon which is the Finder.

Then wait and see if it sounds off again.

Let me know.

Ha. I have had my Mac for about 5 years and love it to bits but never noticed the white dot under active icons till you posted that.
(homer) Doh.

Back