SketchUp help please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps.

I have looked at SketchUp help, but with no luck.

What I am trying to do is draw a bracket for a dresser leg.

What I would like to know how to do is join "A" to "B" following the contours of "C".(See picture bellow).

Bracket.png

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, Don't hesitate to ask.

ATB Gary.

Gary,

Probably the easiest way to show you is if you can send me your SKP file. I'll work up a tutorial for you. I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Dave

Alf,

It was simple, really. Gary sent me the view on the left in this picture. I copied the semi circle profile and the curves shown in yellow in the center. I used the weld Ruby script to weld the three arc segments together and then used Follow Me to create the profile. After that I deleted the unwanted curved face on the underside and filled in the lines to create the square corner.
bracket.jpg

FWIW, I originally misunderstood what Gary wanted and gave him a different sort of bracket. For that one I simply pulled the flat side of the semi circles into the center part of the bracket. Then I selected it all, ran Intersect with model (right click menu) and deleted the unwanted stuff. Unfortunately I didn't save an image of that to show.

Alf, I just sent an e-mail to your website address. I included the model of Gary's bracket. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out.

Cheers.

Dave

Dave,

Ta muchly; it has popped into my ickle mail box even as I type. I may not get to it immediately, but I shall definitely get to it eventually. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back