SIP saw question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
head clansman":3ejfagox said:
hi
steve been trying to load west skelton services ltd web page with no luck any idea is this the right site and do have a phone number .hc
I think west skelton has been taken over by Burdens they used to have an Ebay web site as well think it was called the super bowl, i live in Dumfries i will try to find out tomorrow.
Jim

West Skelston Services still have an ebay shop and they are listing the sliding carriage for the 01332 so I'd have thought it was worth giving them a bell.

Steve

hi bmac

wow!! just off the phone from skeltons price quoted for both machines both out of stock the price from last year when you bought yours for £479 is now for 01332 expected monday next, but dont hold your breath if there in is including vat and delivery £725 that is some price increase :shock:

the 01446 could be a few months before they have anymore is £1145 including vat and delivery . hc

Thought it was too good to be true. Probably a good thing because I really don't need another tablesaw :D

hi tom

wizer wrote

Thought it was too good to be true.

me to, :cry: but had to try anyway , but i do need a new saw , Had my old triton mk3 since 1988 with the beast a makita 10" saw attached ( very noisy) and it's now becoming limited to what i need from a table saw ,now i'm refitting my workshop with new machinery it's a good time to bring in a quite induction motor driven saw , ah well back to the drawing board .hc :(

Hi HC,

I was over there today and was quite disappointed because the prices I was expecting for several machines was way over those advertised on their website, e.g. the 14" Heavy Duty bandsaw was over £250 more than the price online so I have decided to go to another dealer to look at the Record bandsaws and several other items instead.

Very disappointing and a bit embarrassing for me having told you all about the super deal I thought I had found. At the end of the day, instead of selling me 5 machines they sold me none.

The hunt continues.

Brendan

I'm glad I bought mine from West Skelton Services in 2007 at £450. delivered. I could not afford one now!

Look out for "Do not saw limbs" in the manual

I have not heard one running but I do know different blades can make a big difference with noise so keep that in mind!... :wink:

head clansman":3dl5baa6 said:
hi mike

that not a bad price i'll look into that early next week .hc

I think its about the cheapest you are going to get at the moment, and its a very good machine, I have the 12" version.

Cheers

Mike

And do yourself a big favour and beg, borrow or steal enough to buy the sliding table that goes with it.

Joiner":1alybilg said:
And do yourself a big favour and beg, borrow or steal enough to buy the sliding table that goes with it.

I wouldn't bother, personally. Unless you've got space to waste. Sliding tables are great for people who work mainly with sheet stock but are a tad overkill for the hobby woodworker.

jedmc571":2mz7hl58 said:
and is their 10% of that as well, or is £599 including it?

Jed

Yes it's £539 with the discount (I put through a order part way to check) but the only trouble is that the discount finishes tomorrow at 10AM :(

Cheers

Mike

Take your point for the hobbyist, but I only very rarely use mine for sheet material. It's the accuracy and consistency of cut that it allows that makes it so valuable an accessory, particularly where an offcut of stock between blade and fence (when cutting tenons, say) can be such a dangerous missile, to person as well as to machine.

But, as you say, the expense would be hard to jusitfy if you're not using it to earn your living.

To be honest, I had no idea they were that 'expensive' now. I bought mine a few years ago when they were on a discounted price, about half what you guys have indicated!!

Hi mike

thanks very much for the info about when the 10% was finishing today at 10 am , mulled it over during the wee small hrs got up this morning and it was pay for before 7:0 clock. £539 including vat , 10% discount, and delivery . thats made my day, been looking now for a long time thats the best price I've seen . the day can only gets better lets hope for all of us .hc

head clansman":1f8glooo said:
Hi mike

thanks very much for the info about when the 10% was finishing today at 10 am , mulled it over during the wee small hrs got up this morning and it was pay for before 7:0 clock. £539 including vat , 10% discount, and delivery . thats made my day, been looking now for a long time thats the best price I've seen . the day can only gets better lets hope for all of us .hc

Your welcome HC, I'm glad that at least one of you got a bargain. But if anyone else wants one today, all may not be lost because I am sure if you were to phone them up and make some excuse that you meant to order one today, but you got tied up with some problem or that you did not realise it finished at 10AM, they would honour it, after all its a big sale for them. That would only work today though (if it worked at all), and tomorrow you will be paying the still not to shabby price of £599.

I hope you enjoy your new toy.

Cheers

Mike

Back