SIP saw question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMac

Established Member
Reaction score
I am seriously considering the SIP01332 10" Cast Iron Table Saw but cannot find out if it has an induction motor.

Anyone help please?

Thanks, Brendan[/b]

Definitely has. A few members have this saw and it seems to be quite well regarded for the money, a good solid workhorse.

Thank you guys,

I haven't heard the saw running but I'm going to look at it next week. Brand new with guarantees etc from a SIP agent - £462 all in. Seems like a good deal.

Brendan

I have this saw. Got is second hand. It does have an induction motor. I am very please with it. I personally think it is pretty quiet too. Great machine for the money.

Sam

I don't know how this saw could possibly be described as very noisy, quite the opposite.

The motor is very quiet indeed and the saw is a good package at a good price. Very pleased with mine.

Cheers, Paul :D

BMac":1t13fh1e said:
Thank you guys,

I haven't heard the saw running but I'm going to look at it next week. Brand new with guarantees etc from a SIP agent - £462 all in. Seems like a good deal.

Brendan

Where are you getting that price Brendan?

It's a very good price. I think I'd have one at that price. I'll have to see if I can find a seller over here who's willing to match.

Hi HC,

As you've seen, I'm in NI so if you did buy from Craigmore you would experience the delight we have when bringing goods across The Irish Sea - described once, in an economic review, as 'the most expensive piece of water in the world'.

Hope this information can work as a lever for you guys.

Brendan

It does actually say that they deliver to the mainland but their shopping cart system appears to be broken. I'll call on Monday and confirm.

Hi Brendan does Armagh have VAT @ 8½% ? The saw is a fantastic price though about 40% cheaper than over here! You will need something bigger than your wee orange truck to shift it.

Tommo, and guys,

My apologies. I had done other calculations and read the wrong figure for the saw.

The price is £425.49 + VAT.

VAT @ 15% makes it £489.31

VAT @ 17.5% makes it £499.95

Sorry about that.

Brendan

Edit: Tommo, just re-read this to make sure I had my figures right and noticed your 'wee orange truck' comment above - LOL, have you been watching gardening videos?

Hi Brendan, yeah I checked out your workshop tour but I really enjoyed
the garden videos and have watched them several times.

A great saw - I bought mine last year. I paid £479 including VAT and delivery from West Skelton Services - might be worth giving them a call to see what they can do it for.

Steve

Back