Shop Sign for 2 year olds play shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
I broke out the scroll saw last night which makes a nice change. got to the point of glue up, now some sanding and painting.
you guys don't need the nice pretty image, you can have the raw shot. :)
20150722_203219_zpsldc4omze.jpg

check out my awesome workbench too, 2 saw stands and a load of CLS. It will get made into a bench when I'm done with all the jobs from the wife.

Any updates Novacaine :) Have you painted it all one colour or highlighted the lettering?

Hi Pete
didn't think anyone cared. lol.

it got a few coats of primer followed by satin white, which I really liked but the boss wanted colour (it is for a kids shop after all) so the letters are now picked out in green. not got a picture of it coloured, but here it is in white.

CKn9NXaUcAI2pdl.jpg

It's fair size, I reckon it'll look great once complete. I have to ask, what's William selling in the shop :D and is it one you've built? Nice piccy by the way, what have you done it?

nothing major, a crop, a vignette and an adjustment of curves so it fits in with how I present most things (a lot of my photography is similar, https://www.flickr.com/gp/i-novocaine/jJt321)
the shelves are a bookcase made by my grandfather for my father when he was a kid. I've had it in my room (now house) for 30 odd years, now my son gets to have them.
it has apple crates which are full of wooden veg (I didn't make the veg as I didn't have time to make so much), loads of plastic bottles, fake tins etc. bunting on the front etc. so it looks like a shop. next to that is a till and cabinet but that hasn't been made yet. oh and obviously lots of branding on his own shopping bags etc. if anyone wants a recommendation on a tool, check out the CraftRobo Cameo Silhouette, great for stencils, stickers etc. I use it about twice a week.

heres the crates, no other pictures till after his birthday, lol.
CJ0zWLMWoAA8Uce.jpg

thanks for the encouragement Pete.

Nice piccies and interesting effects novocaine, would that be William with the ice cream :D The Craft Robo looks interesting. I use Photoshop but I'm not always happy
with the lines not being clean enough, or should I say pixelated once printed.
I wanted to make apple crates to display my goodies on the craft fairs, but they would also have to be used to store the stock in transport to protect everything.
I might make a few up and stack them like shelves, seen them used as shelving and they do look very nice.
Good luck completing the shop and post a couple of piccies when your finished! :)

definitely give the apple crates a go Pete. Easiest bit of joinery you will ever do, and dirt cheap too. a length of 2x3 will give you a couple of boxes once ripped down on the table saw. I still need to make some larger versions, once I can get the wife to agree it would look good in the conservatory.

go for it, such a simple thing to do and can be made from scrap (and as it's painted MDF too, hateful stuff but ho hum)

Latest posts

Back