Shooters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger S":1cjelsnk said:
Which Statute and in which State as they are all different

I would guess that he means the Second Amendment to the US Constitution which gives the right to bear arms. Or was that the right to arm bears?

Brittleheart":3d9s6xmb said:
Roger S":3d9s6xmb said:

I would guess that he means the Second Amendment to the US Constitution which gives the right to bear arms. Or was that the right to arm bears?
Bare arms? OK by me, but no guns please.
right-to-bear-arms.jpg

Had a look at RogerS's Kennesaw center of civilised world. Turns out to be nonsense, no surprises there! There is a by law, with exclusions for anybody who doesn't agree. :lol: Nobody has been prosecuted. Crime stats are vague.

Brittleheart":3vp9vq8g said:
Roger S":3vp9vq8g said:

well the right to arm bears is important

bears_with_guns.jpg

Jacob":q0rbbr1p said:
.....Turns out to be nonsense, no surprises there! There is a by law, with exclusions for anybody who doesn't agree. :lol: Nobody has been prosecuted. Crime stats are vague.

Thus spake the Seraph and forthwith appeared a shining throng.

RogerS":3mtai69j said:
Jacob":3mtai69j said:
.....Turns out to be nonsense, no surprises there! There is a by law, with exclusions for anybody who doesn't agree. :lol: Nobody has been prosecuted. Crime stats are vague.

with my rubbish spelling that would have been a thong which would be a whole different book I suspect :)

its like groundhog day

Haven't we had this discussion before?

I see jacob is talking cack again!!

mark270981":oban2mfh said:
its like groundhog day

Haven't we had this discussion before?

I see jacob is talking cack again!!

Aye you are right. Any reference work that shows he is wrong is dismissed as 'nonsense'. Statistics ignored if they don't support his twisted viewpoint. Belittle and abuse people when they have made a good point.

miles_hot":x9d2e4d5 said:
RogerS":x9d2e4d5 said:
Jacob":x9d2e4d5 said:

with my rubbish spelling that would have been a thong which would be a whole different book I suspect :)

What? :shock:

Jacob in a thong? You mean like this?

careys_mankini.jpg

A bit quiet in this thread - too quiet :shock:
I just wondered if anything has happened to the crazy gang. I hope they haven't all shot themselves accidentally!
Happens a lot in gun toting circles.

I quite fancy one of these:

30wtmk.jpg

Once more I must see this from a colonials viewpoint. As a Canadian who lives in a VERY rural area I view guns somewhat differently than folk who live in towns , cities or even rural areas that are thoroughly domesticated. Bears have attacked in my immediate area! Even having them rooting about in the trash is a dangerous affair. These are rare of course , yet still occur. I admit to feeling safer with a rifle rather than a pointy stick. Also there is the pest problem , raccoons and such. Chasing them away with rude language just does not work . We also have a yearly deer hunt to thin the numbers of these tasty herbivores and keep their crop damaging down. They are mighty hard to out run and wrestle down to the ground. I believe that I might be excused for my view that guns can be tools if there is a legitimate use for them. As far as target shooting goes , well is it not a good idea to practice to become proficient at anything so that it might be done properly and as safely as possible? Just my view of course, but one that I believe is valid.

Lanemaux - a very reasoned and sensible post on how firearms perhaps should be viewed. Am I correct in thinking that Canada has simillar levels of gun ownership to America, but gun crime levels near UK levels?
And I note that, from sig, that you live in Kincardine. Well, I live a couple of miles outside Kincardine, but east of the atlantic :)

Adam

Kalimna":2idlq43a said:
Lanemaux - a very reasoned and sensible post on how firearms perhaps should be viewed. Am I correct in thinking that Canada has simillar levels of gun ownership to America, but gun crime levels near UK levels?
And I note that, from sig, that you live in Kincardine. Well, I live a couple of miles outside Kincardine, but east of the atlantic :)

Adam
If you live next to bears then I suppose there is a case for some defensive measures. There aren't any in the UK though.
But we could all get tooled up anyway - just in case one escapes from a zoo. Be prepared!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

the definition of troll

A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

how many aliases have you had mrgrimsdale, I mean Jacob, no I mean Mr G rimsdale

Actually Adam , Kincardine is the nearest large town , population of 7,000 or so. We are about 25 kilometers away in Mennonite country , very peaceful. I was once a denizen of Toronto , our largest city , population of millions (not even sure how many nowadays). Gun ownership in rural Canada is fairly high for reasons mentioned earlier. No real gun crime to speak of though , country folk are fairly relaxed here. The cities have some gun crime , not a patch on our southern cousins though. Perhaps the tighter firearms requirements or maybe just fewer concentrations of population , Toronto is quite spread out compared to most major cities. A little elbow room can be a remarkable help in keeping the peace in my opinion. Our gun laws are a compromise between the right to bear arms of the Americans and the regulation of ownership that seems the norm in the UK from what I have read. We have crime in about the proportion one might expect depending on location or possibly a little less. What is heartening is how little of it ends in blood. My theory is that it has to do with what manner of guns are hardest to get , handguns and concealable weapons are very tough to acquire , trotting down the streets of the city with a rifle is sure to attract attention you see. Any incident in which our police must even draw there own weapons is also one that will make the news on TV as well. To me this indicates that the incidents must be somewhat more rare than in say Texas where people must be injured or die to attract media. All in all I rather like how we do it here thanks. As to your own Kincardine, I expect that our summer long weekly parades of the bagpipe might well bid fair to fit right in there. Oh yes , we also have the Scottish games complete with the tossing of the phone pole. Good fun for all.

This shooting has been such an effective advert for the efficacy of the Glock (and the special, large magazine), that sales have gone up.

BugBear

mark270981":3ef1eccr said:
the definition of troll

A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

how many aliases have you had mrgrimsdale, I mean Jacob, no I mean Mr G rimsdale
There you go - they are talkinG about me again! :lol: :lol: Haven't you heard: don't feed a troll?

I rather thought this thread had been hijacked by the shooters - which in the circumstances (recent mass murder by gun nutter) could be seen as tasteless and appalling.

My experience of guns is limited and I like it that way, same for any offensive weapon. I'll share two experiences with you. A few years back we had the great pleasure of doing a driving tour round south western USA, absolutely brilliant and I'd go back in a flash. One thing we noticed the further we got from the west coast was the number of bullet holes in road signs, in some areas they were so badly shot up you couldn't read them - and further down the road there were brand new signs to replace the shot ones. Sensible and responsible people do not drive around in the cars with a loaded weapon to hand taking pot shots out of windows. They couldn't do it if they didn't have guns.

The other experience is closer to home, much closer, next door in fact. Was sat in my front room one day and looked out of the window to see my window licking, knuckle dragger of a neighbour with his equally bright brother in law stood outside with an air rifle. They then proceeded to shoot branches off a pine tree over the road between 2 houses, giggling away and totally illegal. I went outside and had it out with them, they failed to see what the problem was but packed it in after I went back inside - if they hadn't I would have been on the phone to the rozzers. I stuffed a load of info from the web about gun law in the UK through their letterbox the next day and didn't see the gun again. Thankfully they moved out a little later and a copper moved in.

Now it's not a great leap to go from these 2 morons and an air rifle to a pillock in a pickup with an M16 and a grudge. Less guns available means less opportunity for gun crime

Latest posts

Back