shipping companies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't recommend one,but generally the cheapest way is to find an Italian haulier who will move it on a "return load" basis - i.e. one that is travelling back anyway,so anything they can get on the vehicle is a bonus.
Presumably,if it going to be palletised,you will also need a forklift at your end to unload it ? (unless you find a light haulier with a tail-lift)

Andrew

As a Business I use Palletways or Viamaster for one off pallet shipping to Europe cost is usually in the region of £70 - £100 for a standard 40 x 48 pallet

It will be easier to arrange an English company to pick it up.

than you all friends.

The problem, with italian companies is the weight. They ask 130 euros for one hundred kilos. I think the lathe is about 250.

I'll try with english ones.

bnye

Hi there,

I always use Laserfreight International and I pay 78 pounds for 100 Kgs. and 0.33 Cu. Mtr. but that is from depot to depot.

If you are near a Laserfreight depot in Italy it may be worth considering them, but if not then you may be better off with some other carrier.

Also, as mentioned above best ask the seller if he will make sure the lathe is properly packed.

A lot of people don't fully understand what is involved in packing goods correctly and then when they arrive at the other end damaged or with bits missing they wonder what went wrong.

Back