Shhhhhh - dont tell everyone but

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not I.. they've relisted it with a start price of £200.00

And if that's virtually new, then I've been given some virtual glasses for free

Love the way some people make their listings as vague as possible

scrimper":22rxdefd said:
Seller now removed listing! Did someone here tell the seller about the spelling? :(

Not only told them about the spelling, but also that it's worth much more than 35 quid.

It's a shame someone isn't getting a real bargain, but you can't really blame someone for upping the price if they find out they undervalued an item.

toesy":1plyx84w said:
Nahh of course not, I was hoping my eagle eyes would help someone in here grab a bargin...

Living in Gloucestershire I was getting ready to place my bid! :evil: Not at £200+ though!

This kind of thing really use to annoy me, it happens so often now im less bothered.
If you wanted to help your mate by telling him you spotted a really cheap car, you wouldn't shout it across a room packed full of other people looking to buy cars - at a car auction for example. You'd whisper it or send it via text so only he got the message.
My way of thinking is sellers have plenty of tools at their disposal to label the listing correctly, if they don't it's there loss and some other eagled eyed persons gain.
Hopefully this thread is a perfect example of how trying to help by publicly pointing out a mispelt listing can directly affect a forum member. Much better to pm possible interested people or as a last resort buy the item and offer to sell at the same price if you really want to help.

Scrimper, keep your eyes peeled, I'll pm if I spot anything that might be of interest ;) hopefully other forumites might also pm him so he ends up with the hegner he could have had :cry:

ColeyS1":gubaomah said:
Scrimper, keep your eyes peeled, I'll pm if I spot anything that might be of interest ;) hopefully other forumites might also pm him so he ends up with the hegner he could have had :cry:

Thanks for the kind thought but I have to be completely honest I was perhaps being a tad greedy, I do already own a Hegner, I had spotted this one and added it to my watch list before it appeared in this thread, Being fairly local to the seller I thought it would be handy as a second machine for my grandson to use if it went for a cheapish price.

Some will no doubt think it serves me right for being a greedy so and so! :mrgreen:

ColeyS1":2ztucjos said:
This kind of thing really use to annoy me, it happens so often now im less bothered.
If you wanted to help your mate by telling him you spotted a really cheap car, you wouldn't shout it across a room packed full of other people looking to buy cars - at a car auction for example. You'd whisper it or send it via text so only he got the message.
My way of thinking is sellers have plenty of tools at their disposal to label the listing correctly, if they don't it's there loss and some other eagled eyed persons gain.
Hopefully this thread is a perfect example of how trying to help by publicly pointing out a mispelt listing can directly affect a forum member. Much better to pm possible interested people or as a last resort buy the item and offer to sell at the same price if you really want to help.

Coley never seen you in here, since I have been posting..

ColeyS1":2ztucjos said:
This kind of thing really use to annoy me, it happens so often now im less bothered:

So why reply in the 1st place, me and Scrimper aren't down the pub having a beer every night talking about the wife's (only joking Scrimper)

So here is my reply to you!
A) all I was doing was giving a heads ups to a dedicated community within these forums,
B) the seller may have realised himself after 6 days that the bids where not increasing as high as he had liked, and realised his mistake
C) Someone let him know his mistake

I DID not intend to infringe another member of these forums since no post or message otherwise had been said herein...before I posted.

And your example of a mate at a car auction doesn't work here, WE are in a Forum based on the internet, and we cant nudge up to a mate and say " that's a bloody bargin toesy, nab it quick"

I posted the heads up in here, NOT in the general forums and I didn't title it as " HEGNER ON EBAY MISPELT Grab a Baragin " DID I !!!!!!

Sorry if my post annoys anyone, but I do not see how or what I have done is wrong.

And Scrimper - I to would have purchased it.... There was only one person who had placed a bid on it, and two watching it (one was me) yes I could have said noting in here, but then again I class myself as someone who DOES Scroll and DOES make post in here and DOES make a contribution to the Scrolling community in the UKWorkshop forums, which I am proud to be a member.

Rant over

Or do I register http://www.scrollshop.co.uk?

toesy":qedvtach said:
I posted the heads up in here, NOT in the general forums and I didn't title it as " HEGNER ON EBAY MISPELT Grab a Baragin " DID I !!!!!!

Sorry if my post annoys anyone, but I do not see how or what I have done is wrong.

And Scrimper - I to would have purchased it.... There was only one person who had placed a bid on it, and two watching it (one was me) yes I could have said noting in here, but then again I class myself as someone who DOES Scroll and DOES make post in here and DOES make a contribution to the Scrolling community in the UKWorkshop forums, which I am proud to be a member.

Hi Toesy
Don't worry I am not offended, annoyed or bothered, the saw came up in a search for scroll saw, anyone could find it, I was watching it but did not bid, I would have only bid if the price had stayed low and I realised that it would most probably have gone out of my price range.

Nowt wrong with you posting the link here, a few months ago I posted a link here to a decent scroll saw for £80 and was delighted when a member here bought it

This machine is probably the same age as mine,20 yrs old,it has got the same label that mine has on the motor.I can't make out the machine number,but it has six digits same as mine.The current price for the same new machine is £359,back in April 1995 the price inc. vat was £249.10.Just some info for a potential buyer,I see there are a couple of Hegner's still on E-Bay. :roll:

Bryan

Toesy, I have no doubt what so ever you meant well, but can you not see by publicly talking about it you're drawing attention to it , not making it a bargain for anyone.
I'll save my comments for when I get a decent scrollsaw and start posting more regularly in your part of the forum ;)

Regards

ColeyS1":37ibp2y9 said:
Toesy, I have no doubt what so ever you meant well, but can you not see by publicly talking about it you're drawing attention to it , not making it a bargain for anyone.
I'll save my comments for when I get a decent scrollsaw and start posting more regularly in your part of the forum ;)

Regards

Coley, Toesy posted the link here to try to do someone a favour of getting a saw at a special price and after all that's what the forum is all about; helping others, yes it can be annoying if you have found something on ebay that you feel is a bargain and someone brings it to everyone's attention but that is the name of the game and all is fair in 'love and war'!

TBH I do find the links of saws for sale and other stuff posted on here interesting even if I have no intention of bidding on them. :)

Buts it not doing anyone a favour ! The point of the thread was to point out someone might get a bargain by posting a link to said bargain. Within 4 posts it had increased in price by £165 and also has any number of extra people watching. Any original person who spotted the mishap have completely wasted there time finding it, as its no different to any other listing ;)
Again I must say, I know he meant well buts its a kind of contradiction broadcasting a mispelt item. You're in effect shouting and telling everyone there's a single bargain to be had, just driving up the price. I give up trying to explain this anymore :lol:

Peace and love, long live trees !

Latest posts

Back