Selling off my workshop!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's, I hope the mods don't mind, but I wanted to post a message that i'm selling of my entire workshop. This is for two reason - i'm moving into a flat for the forseable future and I need the money from the tools to purchase said flat - all very annoying to be honest.

SO, If there are no objections, I would like to list all my tools/machines that I have available and offer them to the members of this forum before I Advertsise in magazines and ebay.

Btw, it doesn't mean I will stop participating in the forum, what I intend to do is have a tiny in-door shop in the second bedroom - maybe take up carving :)

ByronBlack":6ho4smes said:
SO, If there are no objections, I would like to list all my tools/machines that I have available and offer them to the members of this forum before I Advertsise in magazines and ebay.

Thats fine, although please just have a read of the forum rules, and edit your message above and change the title to "For Sale........"

Very sorry to hear your news, I hope you are back up and running as soon as possible. As you say, trying to keep a "mini-workshop" going could well be worth a try.

Adam

Byron,

You're taking this nightmare terribly calmly! :shock: Judging by the Forum Rules ("Please Read Before Posting" - ah hum... [-X :wink: ) we can look forward to a For Sale list from you in the near future. What a bummer for you, though. :(

Cheers, Alf

Hey guy's, thanks for the condolences!

I'm seeing this as a new opportunity rather than a negative. I can now spend more time on learning carving, and maybe small decorative box making. Hopefully i'll be able to purchase a place with room for a proper workshop again soon - and atleast then I can buy an even better range of tools!

I'm off to read the forum roolz and will eventually put up a list - got to do a bit of a stock-take :)

ByronBlack":3bhd07k3 said:
I'm seeing this as a new opportunity rather than a negative.

If you don't have it, check out Scott Landis' The Workshop Book, which features a couple of people in similar situations, including a guy who worked out of a galley kitchen in a San Francisco apartment.

Good luck!

good luck bb, you never know you might find after all that hunting
that you will find something you can make in your flat that you can actually sell for a sensible profit.
go for it mate, and keep talking too us.

all the best
paul :wink:
who also lives in a flat :lol:

Hey BB--our hearts and best thoughts are with you!

Challenges ahead, compromises to make. I hope these things make for a time that you can stretch and grow in your carving or other woodworking endeavors!

Thank you and I wish you the very best!

Take care, Mike

Guy's

I just wanted to say a very ernest thank you to you all, and to everyone who has/is buying something from me, this will all add up and help me move on to new pastures.

As mentioned, i'll still be an active member of the forum, adding my opinions and hopefully some useful advice along the way, and of course, asking a lot of questions as usual :)

Thanks again.

P.S Anyone fancy that bandsaw? You can come and look at it before buying :lol: :lol:

Bryon,
I'll have a look at the bandsaw tomorrow - although I am not sure I have the budget.

I've not received your directions yet.

Andy

Byron

Sorry to hear your selling up. There are a few of us based in Essex, perhaps we should come down and releave you of some of your items. I know that sounds a bit mercenary but it may help.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Regards

Byron,

I am sorry you are having to give up your shop.

I am the other side of the essex suffolk border but if you ever need to work on a large piece of timber, give me a shout. I am sure you could find the way out to my shop and you are very welcome to come and made sawdust, if the need arises.

Guy's, I really appreciate all your offers of help, it's all really kind of you, and i'll most probably take some of you up on your offers of help, although for next few months or so I don't think i'll be getting much woodworking done as I prepare for the move and get setup etc.. but I find it touching that you've all been so supportive.

Back