Secret Santa 2022 - post your pictures here.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully next year will be a little more settled and it'll get back to normal numbers.
If anyone wishes to take it over, feel free. I've done five years iirc.:)

You've actually done it 6 (six) times mate. 2017 was your first time.
I would like to add they have been 6 (six) wonderful years you did a sterling job
THANK YOU

here's the assembled guitar model kit, it was surprisingly difficult and a lot of fun, will hopefully finish the drumkit soon as well.

Attachments

• guitarkit_assembled.-1.jpg
    guitarkit_assembled.-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • guitarkit_assembled.-2.jpg
    guitarkit_assembled.-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • guitarkit_assembled.-3.jpg
    guitarkit_assembled.-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 149743
A very generous and exciting selection of wood as apparently a first present with a second to come - am feeling very spoilt!

Before Christmas I received a very generous box of wood from my Secret Santa, with a note saying that there was a second present to come - but I really didn't expect anything at all...

however, today a mystery parcel arrived, and I was initially confused as I wasn't expecting anything... so I opened it to find this (below) with a lovely note... the backboard is from an old chapel pew and the half-hull model from a chunk of salvaged Brazilian mahogany... so apart from the use of two beautiful pieces of old wood, the half-hull model is also of a Bristol Pilot Cutter (Cariad) built in 1904 - unknown to our secret santa, our house was built not too far from the Avon in 1910, so I suspect the cutter was probably running up and down the Avon at that time - so a really thoughtful and stunningly beautiful gift... I have sailed for most of my life, and have always admired half-hulls - they are a beautiful ornament, but of course were the initial way of working out the lines of a boat - never owned one, so this will take pride of place - very touched! The suggestion is that I use it as workshop decoration, but I suspect that it will be going up in the library!

very touched by a beautiful present...

2023-02-20 10.08.27.jpg

the actual boat!

brest2012-sd1-105_0031.jpg

Back