Secret Santa 2015 - The call for entrants so please read!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Well folks,

Following my post in the earlier thread offering to help if no one came forward I am here to offer my services :) . I do work full time and have a young family so may not be able to be quite as attentive to 'coach' stragglers as Waka always managed to do so effectively, but I will certainly do my best to make sure this year's event is a successful as previous years'.

I propose using the following rules that have served us well (copyright Waka acknowledged!)

Secret Santa Rules

For those new to the forum, the idea is that you enter your name into the random draw and everyone is allocated the name of another entrant. You send a hand tool gift of your choosing and receive one back from someone else. That’s it, simply really. I'm happy to administrate proceedings again and suggest we adopt the rules from last year, which are as follows;

1. If you wish to participate, PM me, your name forum handle, email and postal address I will not disclose this to anyone other than your allocated Santa.

2. Closing date for names to be with me is 10th November. You will be informed of your SS within a week.

3. There is no upper or lower value limit - you should give something that you would be happy to receive yourself.

4. Gifts can be shop-made, purchased, something you already own; whichever suits you best, provided it is hand tool related. Many have commented on getting most satisfaction out of this by going with shop-made items if you can, but its by no means compulsory.

5. Once I have all the names I will allocate a Santa to each of the participants in a random draw.

6. Once the list is compiled I will PM the name and address of the person you are allocated to send a gift to, back to you.

7. You are responsible for organising (and paying for) the postage of the gift to arrive in time.

8. SS gifts should be sent no later than 10th December to allow for delivery before Christmas.

9. If for whatever reason you need to drop out, let me know as soon as you can so I can try and rearrange the list.

10. Whether you choose to remain anonymous to the receiver is entirely up to you - last year some did and some didn't.

Please post any queries or things I forgot in this thread.

So, there it is, 10 days to put your hat in the ring and let's hope this year's event will be the most successful to date.

Best regards

Simon. :ho2

So Tony, what are you making me....

Come on chaps, it's the thought that counts.

Pete

So, sign up is open and I got a good few already so come on chaps, put yourselves forward, the more the better as we all love looking at the 'this is what I got' thread.

Best regards

Simon

I'm in. It's always good fun. Even tho my gifts are almost always bought.

Many thanks to SVB for taking this over. Thanks to Waka for doing it previously.

Go for it Doris a carved reindeer would be a lovely gift.

Pete

Racers":1guqmnw6 said:
Go for it Doris a carved reindeer would be a lovely gift.

Pete
I don't have a problem with passing on a carving to my recipient but the rules say shop tools only. I can buy some I guess. I think I will have a look at last years gifts and then decide.

How does everyone else decide their gift btw? Have they made it before their recipient is revealed or do they make it bespoke to that user when they are paired off?

i think that the spirit has always been "a gift that you would like to receive" (rule 3). Your carving does involve hand tools anyway!

Good number signed up now - going to be a good year I'm sure.

I'm excited already!

Simon
:ho2

I'm in.

God help you if you are my recipient and the shops are out of decent stuff. You really don't want any of my "hand made" stuff. Not yet at least. lol.

Back