Second Hand Wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyNC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I came across this place recently while looking for old scaffolding planks: http://www.oxfordwoodrecycling.org.uk/

The have odd bits of wood at reasonable prices. You won't be able buy large quantities of the same wood but if you want odd bits for small projects you will probably get what you need.
They do mainly reclaimed softwood and some hardwoods and they're open Saturday morning.

I'll certainly be back in the future.

Hope this helps someone

Andy

Hi Andy

There are quite a few of these popping up around the country. There is one here in High Wycombe. The Emmaus group operate some of these too, like the one in St Albans. Geoff runs that. Lovely bloke.

There is a national organisation that some of them operate through that inform them of jobs where large amounts of wood will be available. They get paid to take it away (cheaper for the builders than a skip) then sell on the wood. I've had some great stuff from these places.

They often train volunteers with skills as well.

AndyNC":ohajjz5x said:
Hi
I came across this place recently while looking for old scaffolding planks: http://www.oxfordwoodrecycling.org.uk/

The have odd bits of wood at reasonable prices. You won't be able buy large quantities of the same wood but if you want odd bits for small projects you will probably get what you need.
They do mainly reclaimed softwood and some hardwoods and they're open Saturday morning.

Yes I was in there last Saturday. Picked up some iroko (I think) planks and a good chunk of oak. Their hardwood selection was much smaller than the previous time I was in there a couple of years earlier though. I'm sure it varies but it could be more know about it now. Still a great place for cheap structural timber and various man-made sheet materials.

Back