Scroll Saw Particulate Masks ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutzul

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend particulate masks or use them yourself for scroll saw work ?

I would welcome any advice on full or half face masks, with emphasis on what is cost effective please.

Cheers

Just about the best mask around is the 3M 7502. It is a half face mask with twin cartridge filters. Glasses wont fog up with this mask and it comes in 3 sizes, small, medium and late, the large is for guys with bushy beards so the medium size is for most people. The mask are around £20 to buy.

HI Hutzal , I bought one of those Dust be Gone masks from Turners Retreat and find it pretty good a bit expensive but it can be washed and will last up to five tears .

It is best to use suction to collect the dust if possible (and even better to have the exhaust routed outside). If you use a mask, you avoid breathing the dust directly from the saw, but there is plenty that floats and plenty that settles on your clothing which then gets thrown around when you move. None of this matters until you get a wood dust related condition. One of my customers died recently after years of emphysema, his hobby was woodwork.

Back