Scheppach hms 260 alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahammon

Reaction score
Hi all first post,
I have a sheppach HMS 260 whch i've had for several years and it has been great but I am having problems now Jointing as the alignment has gone from the tables ie i end up with a curved piece of wood.
Can anyone give me specific directions for setting up the outfeed (or infeed!) tables so I can get the alignment correct.
Thanks Graham

Hi, welcome to the forum.

First thing I would check is that there are no obstructions when you close the thicknessing table down, and that when you pull the lever to clamp it for planer use that there is nothing in the way there.

I am pretty sure the plates are not adjustable, has the planer recently been moved, or the blades changed and reset? I will have a look at my HMS260 tomorrow morning and see if I can see anything else that may help too.

Regards The G

thanks very much,
No obstructions but the problems started after it was moved by the removal firm a couple of years ago.
Blades are setup accurately I'm happy with them :)
I'm sure the outfeed table is adjustable as there are bolts which can be moved on the sides which are captive within slots and also at the end of the out feed table their are bolts beneath the table

You can always give NMA a ring. If you speak to Alan or John they should be able to help. They may even have some instructions available.

Hi Graham,

Undoubtedly this was caused by lifting the machine by the tables. You may already have read in other threads about only lifting using a couple of pieces of wood passed across the thicknesser table.

However, adjusting the outfeed table is straightforward via the set screws you mention. Check the machine IS unplugged (from personal experience :oops: ), the first step is to bring the infeed table up to 'zero' on the indicator scale. Lay a straight edge (I use a 24" steel rule for such as fence alignment etc - perfectly adequate ) across the infeed table. Adjust the outfeed table to align and be level with the infeed table (to be 'co-planar' is the technical phrase). Check co-planarity on both sides of the table. Finally, re-adjust the cutter height in the usual way to cause the straighteedge (or the Scheppach gauge) to move the required amount (3mm or so)

cheers,

Ike

Better but not perfect, it was a sod to do.
Got do a proper overhaul of it, I find myself just doing a job then another and before you know it years have past.
It is a cracking machine

Back