Same old, same old, new video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one many years ago Steve and had forgotten all about it, got a feeling my little brother pinched it.
Have liked and subscribed and will be making a couple tomorrow, much appreciated your video. =D>

Cheers for that Steve, now you need to add more flashing lights, some buzzwords and a bit of fake suspense.

or leave it alone as it was just fine.

I like that. Simple. Never come across it before - so thanks for introducing me to it!

PS - Nice video - lot of work getting the presentation that good.

Racers":1p9rxvdf said:
Steve Maskery":1p9rxvdf said:
lurker":1p9rxvdf said:
What's next in the series?
I'm starting on a wardrobe.
S

Waistcoat moleskin trousers and handlebar moustache?

Pete

Steve Maskery":1p9rxvdf said:
No moustache, but how do you know what's in my wardrobe?

You're either twins, or.......

........has anyone ever seen Racers and Steve Maskery in the same room together? Just curious, you know.

Good for you Steve, very nicely done.
I was going to make a crack about same old, same old shirt but the wardrobe jokes got there first!
Duncan

Code:
Hey! I've had that shirt just a couple of weeks! I've not washed it yet!

Does that mean....you've worn it every day for the two weeks it took you to shoot the video?? For continuity sake? Grubby Beast! :D

Sam, also catless, for similar reasons...

LOL!

You make a good point, actually. If some scenes are shot with one shirt and some with another, it really does look odd. So I have to keep a shirt for the duration of the project. Of course, if there are different stages over different days, then a new shirt is not a problem (think gluing up overnight).
I started filming that in November, but the first attempts weren't good enough. Sound was rubbish, or lighting was wrong or the framing was poor. I've turned my bench through 90 degrees and that has improved the framing, and general ergonomics of the workshop, actually, enormously.

Then I had a cold and cough. I lost my voice completely over Christmas and New Year. I couldn't talk, let alone present, still not 100% and it's nearly 8 weeks since it started.

So the project has been stringing along for months, but all you see there was shot over two days.

But rest assured, Sammy, that shirt is now in the wash :)

Steve is in exalted company:

Attenborough travels with several identical shirts and pairs of trousers. I think many modern documentary presenters have picked up on the same idea. I have no idea how frequently he washes them though - I don't think there are any BBC guidelines presently (but give it time - I hear a new Head of Laundry has recently been appointed).

Dickie Attenburgh has said that it's a good thing his equally famous bro has several changes as he's an allegedly messy eater and frequently one can deduce his menu from his shirt front....just saying...

Steve, that's a brilliant video and looks like an excellent tool.
I also forwarded it to my non-woodworking maths teacher wife as I thought that your explanations (and pencil demonstration) of the internal angles in a triangle adding up to 180 was really effective =D>

Thank you. I thought afterwards, I should have likened it to a 3-point turn.

Thank you all for your very supportive comments, they are very much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back