sad people

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what results? who's playing? 9-) just praying they ain't singing Blue is the colour tomorrow

I'm also fed up of fish running Scotland lol there is a rumour that they may be the same person 9-) what do they expect when the national dress has men wearing skirts

I'm one of the sad people despite chucking my voting card into the recycling bin. I enjoyed listening in between dozing to the results as they came in through the night. On balance I think it's best that the Tories will now be able to continue with their recovery plan.

John

On the basis that I couldn't do anything whatever to change things once my vote had been cast, I had a long and peaceful night's sleep and found out this morning what was happening after making a refreshing mug of tea. It would seem that the opinion pollsters had a 'mixed' night!

Cheshirechappie":27sz22ob said:
On the basis that I couldn't do anything whatever to change things once my vote had been cast, I had a long and peaceful night's sleep and found out this morning what was happening after making a refreshing mug of tea. It would seem that the opinion pollsters had a 'mixed' night!

Did any pollsters call it correctly ?

Nope, doesn't look like it. How did thank yank who "always gets it right" do, anyone know? :lol:

Update: it was Nate Silver on BBC's Panorama. And yes, he got it completely wrong as well. I do wish the BBC hadn't spent my licence fee flying this plonker over from the U.S. ... :lol:

It was pretty obvious from the 10 pm exit polls; pathetic fiasco - no change likely - nothing to sit up for.
Except the tories who deserved to be booted out for good, they got what they deserved; Lib dems for being tory toadies, Labour for feebly supporting the tories over Scotland and being feeble about austerity, SNP for listening to their people!

I'm well out of touch with UK political identities but had to read one of the Telegraph-on-line latest news flashes twice to make sure i got it right.
'Ed Balls loses his seat...'

He's fortunate not to have been called Ed Seat? :shock:

Jacob":2s6rgiq5 said:
It was pretty obvious from the 10 pm exit polls; pathetic fiasco - no change likely - nothing to sit up for.
Except the tories who deserved to be booted out for good, they got what they deserved; Lib dems for being tory toadies, Labour for feebly supporting the tories over Scotland and being feeble about austerity, SNP for listening to their people!

Pretty fair summation really, except you didn't mention the great British public who will also now get what they deserve for voting Tory, ie. 5 years of austerity. Enjoy!

It's an odd sort of 'austerity' though, isn't it? No food rationing, no fuel shortages, no Utility furniture, no shortages of anything (except housing). Go and ask the Greeks about 'austerity' - they've actually got some.

Back in the 2010 election campaign, the Labour party's stated plan was to halve the deficit over five years, allowing the economy to be stimulated by borrowed money. Others felt that plan was reckless, as it would cause the National Debt to rise to levels that would shackle future generations. This plan was rejected by the electorate, but - oddly enough - it's pretty well exactly what's come to pass. The deficit has reduced from about £180bn at it's worst to about £90 last year. That's still pretty much exactly the 'fiscal stimulus' that people like Ed Balls was advocating in 2010. The National Debt has grown pretty well exactly as opponents of that policy said it would, and interest on debt is now a larger proportion of public spending every year than defence is.

What Labour called for in 2010 has come to pass. Yet still they criticise 'austerity'. I'm afraid I don't understand what they're complaining about. I rather suspect that quite a chunk of the 2015 electorate didn't have much confidence in their analysis or plans, either.

Don't get ill
Don't get old
Don't lose your job
And you will be alright ....... jack

lurker":7qapbpx7 said:
Don't get ill
Don't get old
Don't lose your job
And you will be alright ....... jack

....and don't be young, because you'll be paying interest on a whacking great National Debt for all your life.

Labour plan of 2010 rejected by the electorate. Between 2010 and 2015, Labour's plan implemented by the Conservative/LibDem coalition, their own plans being missed by some margin. In 2015, Conservatives returned with a slim majority, despite what actually came to pass in the last five years.

It's a funny old world.

The deficit is a bit of a myth as a lot of people have been saying for a long time. An excuse for screwing the less well off and keep taxes down. Doesn't take a lot of googling to find out the real picture. http://falseeconomy.org.uk/cure/how-big-is-the-problem
I don't think the electorate reject "plans" as such - they are more interested in general intentions; "principles" for those parties which have them.
Labour's big mistake in this election was that stupid menu of promises - every one a hostage to fortune and likely to miss the target, and not necessarily the answer to every individual's concerns. Statements of broad principles would have been a much better propaganda exercise. If there's one thing the tories don't have it's principles but Labour have been trying to fight them on their terms.
This is probably the lowest point of the labour campaign, where they are scraping the bottom of the barrel and trying a bit of racism, just like the others:

Pledge_4_Mug_-_Controls_On_Immigration.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back