Watching accident videos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but the accident in the OP video was 100% avoidable, strictly operator error. To me, these are not helpful at all. Especially with no good explanation of how to perform the task safely.

Whatever you do, please be safe

It was avoidable if you know what the problem is. You don't know what you don't know.

I'm willing to bet a lot of instructions just state something like ensure the workpiece is supported and held securely. Which at first glance is what that video showed. He had 2 points of contact and was using a fence. But clearly it isn't the correct way of doing that as per the outcome and having seen it I can ensure I don't do the same.

Question...why do most US woodworking videos take 10,000 words when a British one will get the same message across in 100 ?
If the video is longer than 10mins on youtube you can add more than 1 advert, if it is less than 10 mins you can only have one advert. So most likely they try and make it long enough to break the 10min mark.

It's similar to recipes on blogs. There is 3 miles of why they are making whatever recipe it is and their lifestory and after 2 hours of scrolling you get to the actual recipe. On the way though you get loads of adverts.
Which is pointless when viewers use 'Ad blocker for YouTube'. Although, a couple of days ago, while watching on Firefox I got a message:- "Ad blocks are not allowed on YT", but mine still blocked them.

Back