Rutlands does it again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
So far I've had no issues that I'm aware of with rutlands but I looked at their "sale offers" and saw they had 3x king brand japanese waterstones up for £78.85.

Hang on I thought, I went to my deleted emails and found the email that twigged that thought that was sent to me on TUESDAY (it's now friday).

SAME waterstones, same grades, same sizes, same everythign EXCEPT the price £69.95.

Almost £10 more expensive that sale price, even though other sale prices ARE cheaper. So, me being me, I'm goign to email them.

Rutlands prices go up and down more often than the undergarments of a lady of easy persuasion.
You just have to ignore the numbers, ask yourself "Do I want to buy these at this price today?" and act accordingly.

In their defence, they have 1/2" T-track in , four lengths for £29.95. Those have NEVER been the £80-odd they claim, so the saving is irrelevant, but that is a good product at a good price, and they have been more expensive than that.

What really irritates me is when they have a product in as "New" and it already has a "Was" price!

I have purchased many products from (Rutland Tools), always found their products to be good quality and value for money.

Their customer service is first class, be it delivery or sorting a problem.

Disclaimer, I have no connection to (Rutland Tools) other than a very satisfied customer, many times over. =D> =D> =D>

Chris.

ChrisR":3mc4hag3 said:

My personal experience, like many others, is that if they have something in stock then there is never a problem. But, if there is something that is out-of-stock or they are awaiting a delivery, then their customer service is shocking.

I have even sent emails to their MD about the "stick" that they receive on this site, but I didn't even have the courtesy of a reply.

Neil

They are not going to bother about a few folks moaning here.
Unfortunately most consumers only buy on price.
That's why there are no shops left that sell decent tools.
We are all responsible for that.

I had a dispute with them many years back and vowed never to use them again.
There are plenty of folks out there suckered into their shoddy practices to replace me

ChrisR":efy66j0b said:
I have purchased many products from (Rutland Tools), always found their products to be good quality and value for money.

Sorry Chris, whilst I cannot disagree with your personal experience, in my own experience, the last comment, especially, isn't true.

I used to be very optimistic about Rutlands purchases, along the lines of, "The pictures are nice and they say they are good, so they must be".

I've sent stuff straight back on opening; I've had machinery fail, and a promised replacement simply not turn up until I chased it. I've kept stuff I bought but been disappointed by cheapness. For example, how much effort does it take to hold two square sections of steel tube at right angles while you tack weld them? How on earth can you end up with roller stands that are twisted? It's easier[\i] to make them straight, unless the factory has no proper clamps... go figure.

Rutlands seem to me to be the woodworking equivalent of the gingerbread house... I escaped and am not tempted any more.

I had an arguement with them some months ago over a Dakota tenoning jig whose mitre slot spline was warped. They tried everything to say it was my tablesaw and not their product. I took measurements and it was out almost 1/16 over its length..........no wonder it did'nt slide

Trevsf1":1wvrgk3w said:
I had an arguement with them some months ago over a Dakota tenoning jig whose mitre slot spline was warped. They tried everything to say it was my tablesaw and not their product. I took measurements and it was out almost 1/16 over its length..........no wonder it did'nt slide

I told rutlands not to send me anymore so called offers. I now, do not get dazzled anymore!!!!!!!!!!????????
Oh! my spell checker says I spelt rutland wrong ---------did not put a capital R -----Ahhhh!!!
Timber

ChrisR":3spuykmj said:

Disclaimer, I have no connection to (Rutland Tools) other than a very satisfied customer, many times over. =D> =D> =D>

Chris.

Placed a further order with (Rutland Tools) on Sunday (08/01/17), for a set of clamps, awaiting delivery this morning, tracking advises that consignment is at my local depot, and out for delivery today (a m).

I have purchased the same type/model clamps before and know the quality is first class, the price less a loyalty voucher for £5.00, is £70.80, equivalent clamps at Axminster and Yandals, over £100.00.

So in my experience (Rutland) does it again. =D> =D>

Chris.

PS. Not knocking Axminster or Yandels, as I have had top service and quality products from both.

Back