Router/Tablesaw Finger Joint Jig.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dermot, check out the finger joint jig on the Router Workshop, it is so simple to make and use. I made one for my router table to cut 1/4" fingers and it works great. HTH. :wink:

I've been working on this today
First attempt was perfect! The only problem was that I was getting some slippage of the rout cutter in my Xtreme Xtension. This has happened before, so I took it out and replaced it with a 1/2" shank mortising bit. Rock solid. But can I get the fit right? My sample boards started at about 12" and are now too short to hold! It's driving me nuts.

But I've sorted the guarding. I was going to make a short film about it, but right now I just want to dump it. :(

Frustrated Steve

Hi, Steve

Have you overcome the incremental error problem?

Pete

Well I have in theory - if you can't make it accurate make it adjustable!
And as I say, I did get it Right First Time - just not every time.

I'm going to have another go today, but I have some more pressing things to attend to right now.

S

Isn't this guarding issue being over complicated - can't you just sandwich the timber being cut with a simple L-shaped guard. And then add a stop so the exposed cutter doesn't come out the other side and stops inside the backer?
Cheers
Gidon

Back